thirty one

37 weeks pregnant

I've slowly started to move some of my stuff inside Harry's house. Or, as he calls it, our house. He wants me to feel cozy so he's been letting me do some changes and adding my stuff everywhere. I'm barely at Millie's anymore, instead, I'm spending my days watching Netflix, cuddled in a fluffy blanket. I've already watched a lot of Christmas movies, it's only mid-November but who cares? It's not like I can do anything more than spending the day on the couch.

I'm close to my due date, December 9th. Only 24 days to go. I can't wait to finally be able to sleep on my belly and tie my shoes alone. I'm so dependent of Harry that I'm going crazy. For example, I randomly start shouting at him or crying if he didn't cut the carrots like I usually cut them. I am insufferable, always on the verge of tears or of yelling.

My mum calls me almost every day since I texted her telling her I was bored. Of course, Harry is here, but he's working on new songs, I keep seeing him writing on his diary, then humming melodies and playing them on the guitar or the piano.

"Darling, do you mind if Gigi and Zayn come visit today? They're in town because they visited Zayn's parents and we haven't seen them since the baby shower I thought it might be cool." Harry sits next to me, enveloping me in his arms.

"Yes, whatever. Gigi the supermodel is gonna look extra thin next to the pregnant girl." I roll my eyes and Harry laughs.

"Calm down with the attitude. I can't wait for them to be born so that you'll stop being so mean." He jokes. I shake my head and laugh too.

I pull the blanket to my chin so that it covers my entire upper body. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be such a bitch but I can't help it."

He kisses my forehead and my nose. "You're not a bitch. I promise. You're just one moody woman!" As always, I can see his smirk before I turn around.

I trace the edges of Harry's tattoos with my fingers, I love them all. They suit him. Most of them would have looked pretty stupid on other guy's arms but they all look like they belong on his body. My favorite has to be the cross on his hand. There is something so attractive about it that I can't explain.

"Will you let them color in your tattoos?"

He frowns in confusion. "Who?"

"The girls, silly."

"Oh, well, I don't know. I guess yeah. That would be fun. Wait you know what? When they'll be grown enough to draw, I'll tattoo their favourite drawing on my other arm!" He says excitedly, smiling so wide I can almost see his brain through his mouth.

I laugh at his enthusiasm and cup his cheeks with my hands, putting a quick peck on his lips. "That's a very good idea."

He takes the remote and starts looking through the Netflix movies. He scrolls past Clueless, which is where I stop him. "Wait, wait, wait. Can we watch Clueless? I haven't watched it in years!" I make puppy dogs eyes watching him. Please say yes, please.

He sighs and clicks on play. "Alright. But I'm gonna take some food. What do you want? I'm taking cookies." He gets up, disrupting my comfy position.

I think for a minute, my finger tapping on my chin, my brows frowning. What do I want right now? "Oh! Take a carrot please?"

He looks at me with a look of disgust. "A raw carrot? That's what you want when you can have so much delicious food? Don't you want chocolate cake, a cookie, or a muffin?" He teases.

I narrow my eyebrows in a 'duh' expression. "Fine, whatever you say." He disappears in the kitchen and comes back with a carrot and his pack of cookies.

"Thank you very much." I take the carrot and take a bite. What this pregnancy is making me eat.. Those cravings are beginning to be crazier than ever. Yesterday I willingly ate ice cream on a toast and avocado with pepper. Harry must think I'm going crazy, but I think he understands that cravings can't be controlled.

"I can't believe you're eating this willingly." He chuckles, taking a bite of his cookie.

****

We stop the movie when Harry's phone rings. He picks up and up from the couch. "You can enter we're in the living room." He says nodding a few times and then hanging up.

He takes my hand and helps me get up too. I close the TV and decide to put some music on. I click on my playlist named 'Rainy days drinking a hot chocolate' mmh... Hot chocolate? I go to the kitchen and take milk, chocolate, and whipped cream. Harry sits on a chair in front of me but doesn't question what I'm doing.

"Hello!" I turn my head and see Gigi in the entrance, next to her Harry and Zayn are talking.

I extend my arms and hug her. "Hi! How are you doing?" Her perfume makes my head spin.Not in disgust, on the contrary, I love it.

We stand back from each other, breaking the hug and I notice she has a bag in her hands. She takes out a present and looks at Zayn. "I'm great, here, this is for you and Harry. Well, mostly for the babies." She gives the box to me.

Harry walks inside the kitchen with Zayn, I wave my hand at him and look at Harry. I show him the box. "You guys shouldn't have. We already have everything. Thank you so much." Harry says. I open the gift and see two onesies.

Both of them are light blue with 'Baby Styles' embroidered in pink on the back. There are also two small stuffed elephants in the box, a grey one and a white one.

"We didn't know what their names are so I thought that baby styles was good," Gigi says.

"Thank you so much." I can feel my eyes watering.

Gigi puts her hand on my shoulder. "Oh no, I'm sorry what did I do?"

I wave my hand in the air to show her that I'm fine but Harry answers first. "Hormones... She's been like this all week. Did you know that pregnant women love weird food combos?" He turns his head and frowns his eyes brows looking at Zayn.

I roll my eyes and wipe the tear. My mood is back to normal. "Whatever. Are you guys staying for dinner?" I ask Gigi.

"Oh, well I don't know. Is it okay for you? We don't want to bother you."

"You're not, I promise." I nudge her in the arm and look to my right. "Look at them." I jolt my chin towards Harry and Zayn making each other listen to the melodies they're working on. They're both nodding happily to Harry's new melody.

She laughs. "We can't separate them now, can we?"

She turns around and takes another box out of her bag. "Here, this is for your birthday. I know it's in two days, but I wanted to give it to you so that you can open it on your birthday." I take the box from her hands.

"Thank you so much! That's adorable. I wasn't expecting that... Wow. Thanks Gigi." I hug her again.

"Oh! Do you want something to drink? I forgot to ask."

"Sure, do you have a juice?"

I nod and pour her a glass of juice in the kitchen. I take the glass and the hot chocolate I was sipping on in my hands and give her juice to Gigi. Then I go back to the kitchen to get something for the guys. I stop every movement when I feel liquid dripping down my thighs.

No.

A scream escapes my mouth. I'm not ready, not now.

Harry runs inside the kitchen. He doesn't see the water first because I'm standing behind the bar counter. He turns around and sees the puddle that the water made.

"Violet your water just broke we have to get you to the hospital!" He yells. He puts his hand on my waist and takes my arms to put them around his neck. I'd never see him so panicked before, his usual calm self has now turned into a panicked man who is running around to get his car keys.

"Gigi go get the hospital bag, it's in the bathroom upstairs! Zayn go get the car while I help Violet" He instructs.

They both go running to their task and Harry smiles at me. "We'll be alright."