thirty

35 weeks pregnant

"No, I'm not telling your their names yet!" I say as I fold the new clothes I just bought for them. I got two really cute beige onesies with stars on them. Millie doesn't stop asking me about the girl's names, but Harry and I promised we wouldn't tell anyone before they're born.

And we both never break promises.

"C'mon! I'm your best friend, I won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about." Millie throws herself on the couch. She takes a tiny shoebox and opens it. It's white socks for the girls, embroidered with the Gucci sign.

Millie scoffs. "Do you realize they are going to wear this only like, a week?" The socks are on her fingers, they're so tiny I think you could only fit a penny in them.

I roll my eyes and continue to fold some matching dresses that I got for the girls. "If you think I would have spent my money on Gucci socks for babies you don't know me well. Harry bought them, he saw on my 'clothes I need to buy' list that I wanted to buy socks, but I never mentioned overpriced Gucci socks." I take them back and put them in the box, I don't want to lose them, given the price.

Harry keeps buying overpriced things for the babies and now that his friends know that I'm not far along from my due date, they've been sending me baby stuff but only from designers. For example, yesterday when I was at Harry's house he received a huge box. We opened it together and discovered that it was everything we would need for the girls. There was a stroller, car seats, a diaper bag, blankets, and two small teddy bears. I can't even imagine the price of all this stuff together. I'm very grateful for it but also I can't Top myself from thinking that a normal-priced stroller would've been just as great. I don't want them to grow up being spoiled and not knowing the value of money.

The apartment door swings open, Harry enters with flowers in his hands. Sunflowers. "Hello, you ready?" He leans in to kiss me and gives me the sunflowers. I kiss him back and smile blissfully. "Yes. Where are we going?" I take the flowers and find a nice vase to put them in.

He wiggles his eyebrows and winks at me. "It's a surprise."

Millie fakes gagging. We both turn our heads to look at her. "Too much love. Not used to it. Sorry. But off you go c'mon I have plans tonight." She pushes us outside the apartment. She closes the door before opening it a second later.

"Harry, will you tell me the names of my nieces?"

"No!" We both say at the same time. I look at Millie's face and laugh, she throws her punch in the air and whispers "Dammit!" Then she slams the door, locking me and Harry outside.

"She's still on about that?" Harry says as he guides me, a hand on my lower back, to his car. This time is a black Porsche that he took, his Range Rover being in reparation due to the accident.

"Yes. I don't think she'll stop until she gets their names." I shrug my shoulders and sit in the comfy seat. Harry closes his door and starts the engine. I take a quick scan of his face. Ever since the accident, I've been worried about him. Making sure he doesn't get hurt and getting mad at him for touching his stitches. He must think I'm overreacting but I swear I'm not.

Fortunately, no articles got out. Some people saw the accident which means they know but they didn't share it everywhere on social media. No paparazzi's pictures from Harry arriving at the hospital were posted either. I'm really glad about that. I didn't ask him, but I think Jeffrey had to pull some strings for this not to happen. Maybe I don't completely hate him after all.

"Does it still hurts?" I point my finger at his forehead, where he got stitches.

"No, it doesn't. It's not visible so that's cool. My hair is hiding it." He chuckles, putting his seatbelt on. He starts the car and he gives me his phone so that I can choose the music. I decide to play a playlist titled 'Best songs to exist on the planet'. Pillow talk by Zayn plays, and it makes me emotional that he thinks Zayn's song is one of the best to exist on the planet. I admire Zayn, I know he's been through a lot because of the industry but he never gave up and always continued to make music. He's a lyrical genius and to be honest, his writing reminds me a lot of Harry's. They're pretty similar in a lot of points. And I'm starting to think that he and Harry fell from heaven.

I look at Harry, his green eyes concentrated on the road ahead, his lashes are long and curled. One rebellious piece of his brown curly hair is on his forehead whilst the rest is neatly placed. His lips are mouthing the words of the song in silence. His jaw moving along his mouth. I look at his hand gripped on the steering wheel, the other one being on my lap. A habit he took whenever we're driving together. His fingers tapping to the rhythm of the song on the steering wheel. His rings are cold against my thighs but I don't mind. I feel good, so safe.

Never mind, I'm sure that he fell from heaven.

"What are you looking at?" I can sense his smirk before I see it.

"You." I shrug my shoulders. Better play the card of honesty no?

"Glad to hear I'm the one who got you drooling, darling." He looks back at the road.

Darling. He never called me that before, and I love it. "First, I wasn't drooling. Second, I love it when you call me Darling. Makes me feel fancy, like a posh lady." I take out my lipstick from my purse and reapply some looking in a small mirror.

He hums in response, his little smirk still plastered on his face. We both remain silent until Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks starts playing. We both turn our heads to look at each other at the same time and start singing.

"Just like the white winged dove
Sings a song, sounds like she's singing
Ooh, ooh, ooh" Harry starts, then he looks at me, expecting me to continue.

"Just like the white winged dove
Sings a song, sounds like she's singing
Ooh, baby, ooh, said ooh" I dance a little, shaking my head to the beat.

****

We stop in front of an Italian restaurant. "Is this where you're taking me to dinner, Mr. Styles?" I say as I twist a piece of my hair around my fingers.

He shrugs. "Meh... I thought I'd just show you this amazing restaurant before we go to Mc Donald's." I blink a few times, frowning. He keeps a serious face for only three seconds before he bursts out laughing. "Yes, yes we're going there. You should've seen your face!" He gets out of the car, still laughing.

I get out of the car, not without his help, and slap his shoulder. "Shut up! It's not nice to mess with my emotions like that. Let me remind you that I'm pregnant." I say with a strong look, putting both my hands over my belly.

He ignores my comment and shakes his head, a smile on his face. "After you, darling."

"Thank you, Sir."

Can you guys believe I've already started to write the next chapter ? what is happening to me !!?
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, a soft one, thought we might needed it after the roller coaster of emotions from the last chapters.
all the love, C. X