Shortcut, #7

"It's been 20 minutes." Jaehee looked up to see a fuming Soeun who was walking back and forth in the breakroom.
"Maybe they're still busy" Jaehee shrugged, she honestly didn't mind waiting but the girl with her was definitely disagreeing big time.
"No, no, no I am not going to make myself ramen again" Soeun muttered under her breath, but thanks to Jaehee's amazing hearing she heard it.
"Yeah you're not 'cause Zoa ate the last ramen pack like last week." Jaehee says while still looking at her phone distractedly. Soeun stopped walking and looked at her in disbelief,
"Then what am I supposed to eat ??"
"I don't know, wait for your chicken nuggets and burger or something." Jaehee answers, not sparing a glance at Soeun knowing how red her face probably is.
"The app says that it already arrived yet do I look like a happy and full customer now ?" Soeun groans in annoyance, her app was telling her that the Mc Donald's already arrived but she didn't see anyone knocking on the door. 5 minutes later, a very happy looking Jiyoon came in the room bringing a brown paper bag with the very familiar logo M on it.
"Thanks guys, the food was delicious." Jiyoon smiles smugly, putting the bag on the table Soeun and Jaehee were at.
"Shin Jiyoon COME BACK HERE !" Soeun shouts before chasing Jiyoon around the room while Jaehee just opened the bag and started eating. The other members also came in and saw the two running but mainly focused on the food at the table. They were all waiting for the food to come but none of them were as hungry as Soeun who was craving for some chicken nuggies.
"I was dying of hunger and yet you decided to eat by yourself ?!" Soeun yells out in hunger, her tummy couldn't take it anymore so she gave up and finally sat down. As soon as food came contact with her mouth, her feelings changed 180 degrees in a matter of seconds.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding I haven't eaten anything." A still laughing Shin Jiyoon came and now everyone was eating peacefully and enjoying their own meals with small chats here and there. It was night time and the Weeekly members were done with their day. They decided to eat junk food for dinner, gathering up energy to explore the shortcut they discovered a few weeks ago.
Soeun and Soojin found this secret place when they wanted to go out to get some fresh air. It soon became Weeekly's special place, even if it was dirty and not very safe. They think it was an old temporary storage space that was used to store things like needles, accessories, old unfinished clothes, things like that. They haven't explored the place too much, they only used the path when they needed to. It had a spooky vibe and eerie noises came out of a few places in that path. (Reference to #5)
"Last one to finish has to clean the table." Jihan says with a playful smile before walking away and throwing away her trash. All the other members immediately ate their last pieces and cleaned up their own messes. Much to the girl's dismay, Zoa was the last so she was the one who had to clean up and some trash the members made.
"That's unfair, Soojin Unnie gave me a few of her fries and it made me full." Zoa pouted while Soojin just stuck her tongue out in response. The members just chuckled watching them and soon enough they were full of energy and ready to explore.
"Let's go, Let's go" Monday says jumping in excitement, it was really nerve-wrecking to explore a dark place with friends late in the night. But they had a feeling that this was going to be a memory that won't be easily forgotten. They arrived at the door to the shortcut and stared each other like they were talking telepathically. Jiyoon not getting why they were staring at each other asked what was going on and soon enough she was pursued to go first. Apparently they stared at each other in silence was to decide who goes in first. Jiyoon bravely turned on her flashlight and stepped in slowly, avoiding the spider webs on the edges.
"Woah, this place is really cold." She acknowledged, since it didn't have a door from the outside it would make sense that the chilling wind came in directly hitting them.
"Wow this is so cool." Monday says looking around her, one by one the members came in and now everyone was inside and looking at different spaces by themselves.
"Guys look at this !" Everyone snapped their heads rushing to where Zoa was pointing. It was an old book titled '2010', dust evident on the cover with decorations still stuck to the book. Zoa curiously opened it and was shocked to see what was inside, the members followed her after also seeing what was inside the first page.
It was a photo of Apink before they debuted, they were still young teenagers posing cutely for the picture.
"That was so long ago." Soojin says, still shocked from the picture 11 years ago. The members hummed in response and looked at more pages from the book. It was a really special photo album, most consisting Apink's selcas and memories together.
"This book must be important for Apink sunbaemims, why don't we give it back to them when we have the chance ?" Jaehee suggests while standing up, turning on her flashlight and continued walking around the hall.
"Okay, everything you guys want to keep or look at more clearly put it in the cart back there and we'll bring it later." Soojin announces and everyone said yes in response. Everyone had found a lot of things they could use or look at, apparently this storage room was also the place where people store things they didn't want anymore. There was even an old retro pacman game that was used in the 90' s, they were all excited to actually test it out. Most of the girls also found new hobbies or ideas they could try using the materials that was left in there.
30 minutes later, the whole cart was filled with items. Technically the cart wasn't that big but Soojin didn't exactly expect them to almost take everything in the room. So far they heard nothing out of the ordinary besides owls making an appearance or Soeun sometimes scaring the shit out off Soojin.
The members were all busy looking at different spaces in the area, they were too caught up with exploring that they didn't realize the door they came into was slowly closing. The door made a loud cracking noise which made the members whip their heads to the source. All of the members stood there frozen in place, after much creaking the door finally closed and made a very loud shutting sound that caused the members to flinch.
"D-did you guys see the d-door just close ?" Jihan asks slowly, still shaken up from the sudden bang of the closing door.
"Yeah..." Monday mumbles. They didn't put anything to block the door, when they went in it didn't occur in their minds that the door would shut close.
"Uhm so now what should we do ?" Soeun asks timidly,
"Nothing, I'm not done exploring" Zoa says calmly and walked away to explore more. The members looked at her shocked that she was really brave while the rest were very still thinking about the door. Little did they know, Zoa already knew the door closed because of the wind. Meanwhile the rest of the members were internally panicking, thinking that a ghost was trying to possess them.
"I'm too pretty to die" Jiyoon shouts, making the members laugh at her sudden outburst.
"Let's just look in here for a while and try not to think to much about the way out. Besides we could also get out from the other way" Soojin answers while pointing the source of the wind before. The rest still didn't realize that the wind was the reason the door closed. They were wrapping up and sweeping the place so next time they wanted to use it, there won't be a spider jumping in on them. Soeun admitted that the first time she went here, she saw a spider on her arm which basically gave Soeun a literal heart attack before shooing it away slowly. But in her mind, she was grateful to find out that a lot of spiders were here first because if Monday saw even a tiny spider, she's sure the whole place would be on fire now.
"Wait, does this count as stealing ?" Jihan asks to the members who are already in their way to the exit. The unnie line was thinking about the question Jihan asked them, unlike Jaehee and Zoa who didn't even care if they went to jail for stealing. Both of them found cute accessories and vintage things that they really liked, going to jail was probably the last thing on their minds when they took it.
"I don't think so, nobody went this place when we were here so I'm assuming they didn't need the things here anymore." Monday comments before going to Jiyoon who was walking in front, Jihan believed it and also followed her.
"We won't possibly go to jail right ?" Jaehee whispers to Soojin next to her, trying to get the leader's reassurance.
"Nah, I think security already know us so he won't call the police." Zoa answers, secretly she was also a bit scared but she was trying to stay optimistic.
"If we do just tell them that Soeun asked us to go here and help her steal some stuff." Soojin says in a monotone,
"We could just say that Soojin Unnie here threatened us if we didn't go with her here, I'm sure the policeman would believe us more than her." Soeun smirks making them shocked that she heard their conversation.
"What makes you so sure you won't be the first one to be cuffed the moment we're caught ?" Soojin asks her while putting on a challenging look.
"Oh puhlease, we just look like curious teenagers while you look like a creepy thief in action." Soeun counters, eyeing Soojin's set of clothes she decided to wear today. Soojin was wearing black jeans and a black crop top with a small white flower on it.
"Uhm girlllll you do know you look like a kung fu master on drugs right ?" Soojin retorts abruptly, meanwhile Soeun was wearing a rainbow tie dye shirt with black pants and chains on the side.
"This is called style honey, don't worry I'm free tomorrow I can teach you since you have no idea about it" Soeun suggests playfully, still putting on a fearless smirk.
"The couch is waiting for you tonight" Soojin says with a sickeningly sweet smile, before Soeun could talk Zoa's laugh cut her off. Her laugh was very infectious that made Jaehee, Soojin and Soeun laugh too. She had been trying to hold it in but Soojin's remark was the last straw before bursting into laughter.
"Aigoo both of you really are Tom and Jerry." Jaehee immediately nods to Zoa's statement, while the mentioned Tom and Jerry just laugh.
However, they didn't have time to take a breath before hearing Jihan's distant scream. Even though they were pretty close to each other, Jihan's scream was barely heard. Soojin, Soeun Zoa, and Jaehee ran to her as quick as they could.
"Yah Jihan what's wrong ?" Soojin hurriedly asks, shaking Jihan's shoulder to snap her out of her little trance. Monday and Jiyoon looked frozen on the spot, let's rewind a few moments back shall we.

"Yes I win !" Jihan exclaimed, doing a little dance victory.
"H-how...." Jiyoon walked in slow motion, still stunned from her own loss.
"Why is your face like that ?" Monday asks while chuckling at Jiyoon's sulking face.
"We were playing muk chi ba, Jiyoon Unnie kept losing and asked for rematches." Jihan explains,
"How could I lose 5 times in a row ?" Jiyoon mutters to herself
"What seriously ?! 5 times already ?" Monday questions, shocked by Jihan's win streak, she received a nod in response.
"Let me change that." Monday rolls up her sleeve and challenges Jihan, silently confident that she would win.

3 rounds later.......

"What kind of sorcery is this !?!" Monday asks, fuming at the game. She lost all 3 rounds, yes all of them. Jihan and Jiyoon was just laughing at Monday's exasperation, Jihan herself was confused to why she could win all those rounds. When Monday thought she knew Jihan's strategy, Jihan would always outsmart her and end up winning.
"I really don't know how I won all those rounds." Jihan says while covering her mouth to restrain her laughs.
"You-.....I can't even-" Jiyoon quickly shuts herself up, because she also couldn't understand how Jihan could win 8 rounds in a row.
"Luck is on my side today." Jihan states happily,
"Or maybe-" Monday's sentence was cut off from hearing a silent 'me'. Her brows furrowed in confusion while Jihan and Jiyoon widened their eyes, the voice sounded disoriented and it was coming from above them.
"Did you guys hear that ?" Monday asks, the two girls in front of her nod and they looked around to find for the source of the voice. But the rest of the girls was at the back, while the sound came from above them.
"What was that ?" Jiyoon clenches her fist, ready to fight whoever was with them. Just like before, a sound replied 'someone''. Jihan and Monday heard it too so they were sure it wasn't only in their minds. They stopped walking and Jihan was about to say something when a spider crawled up to her arm which caused her to shriek loudly.

"Kill it ! Kill it !" Monday shouts, running far far away from Jihan who was still frozen in her spot. Soeun finally slapped Jihan's arm multiple times which made the spider fall and disappear to who knows where. They finally calmed down and let Monday, Jihan, and Jiyoon explain what was happening.
"Wait so you guys are sure it wasn't in your heads ?" Zoa asks, then the same voice said 'no' in an angry tone.
"Guys....I have a bad feeling about this...." Jaehee says while slowly backing away to the exit. Just on cue, a high pitched scream was heard and the members immediately ran as fast as they possibly could.
"Yah yah yah if you wanted an autograph you could've just told us !" Jiyoon shouts upwards, 'how could she joke at a scary time like this' the members thought. After sprinting towards the exit, they finally got out and looked at each other in horror.
"I am so not sleeping tonight." Jihan says after catching her breath, the members agreed on sleeping in the same room today.
At the dorm, they were all squished together yet still in fear of spirit following them back home.
"It's okay guys, we're safe now. So calm down and just try not to think about it." Soojin says, breaking the silence between them. She decided to put on calming music and hoped that it could calm their racing hearts.

~I don't deserve this, Darling you look perfect tonight~
The song ended and they were just about to close their eyes when-

"Get spotify premium and enter the new decade with an upgrade." (Let's just assume they don't have spotify premium at the moment)
"Son of a-"

Back in the control room, a security man was monitoring the cameras when he came across 7 girls passing through the storage room. He chuckled knowing that those curious girls thought that there was no one watching them, after much lurking around the place, he decided to have fun with them. There was also a speaker in the room so he could hear what they were saying and talk back to them. He whispered all the words that freaked the girls out, everyone in the studio knew of the room but didn't bother to do anything with it. Since it was an old room, that's why the members didn't know about it when they first saw the room. He laughed watching the girls panic when they saw the spider, he definitely knew that these girls were a very fun group of friends. When they went home, he looked out for the girls since it was already nearing midnight. His shift ended so he made sure nothing happened to the members before going home himself.

Feel free to tell me your thoughts guys, thanks for reading this chapt and nos vemos. 💗💗