Our maknae, #8

Preview
I stood there frozen in place, I was too shocked to even avoid the gun at my face.

"Saengil chukahamnida, saengil chukahamnida, saranghaneun Hyewonie, saengil chukahamnida" The members cheered and clapped as loud as they could.
"Thank you guys." Zoa says, her voice cracking a bit at the end. They were currently at their backyard celebrating Zoa's 16th birthday. Since it was Zoa's birthday today they decided to surprise her with a normal birthday cake but not so normal surprise.

5 minutes ago
"Happy Birthday Zoa !" Everyone shouted when Zoa stepped into the backyard with closed eyes. Jihan and Jaehee had convinced her to go to the backyard, everyone had prepared flour and water guns to surprise Zoa. They planned to give Zoa the cake first then spray her with water (after the cake is secured of course), but their plan backfired.

Zoa POV
I could feel my eyes brimming with tears as the members sang happy birthday to me with a candlelit cake,
"Make a wish." Jaehee smiled as she held the cake close to me.
'I wish we can all be happy but I have a feeling that we will face some problems in the future so when we do I wish we can finish them well.'  I opened my eyes and blew the candle which made everyone clap their hands loudly. I was about to look for a knife to cut my cake but the members brought the cake inside, usually we would let someone cut the cake and eat it. Soojin and Jaehee went inside while Monday, Jihan, Jiyoon and Soeun went behind a table they set up to take something. I was beyond confused by now, was I supposed to do something ? But then I spotted something out of Soeun's hands, she had a water gun not so discreetly hid behind her back. That's when I knew they were about to spray me with water, they stared at me with a smile thinking that I knew nothing. Soojin and Jaehee weren't back yet which made me wonder what if they were going to spray me with water from behind me. I immediately ran to the water hose which was not that far for me, their panicked faces made me chuckle a bit before grabbing the hose and aiming it at them.
"If you are going to start a war make sure you have enough bullets." I said like quoting some kind of war movie, I turned the hose on and sprayed it all over them. They ran around really fast trying to avoid the water, I chased them like some sort of terminator. I was too focused on the three girls in front of me that I didn't realize Jiyoon, Soojin and Jaehee was behind me. I felt something wet on my back which made me turn my head and to my surprise a handful of flour was thrown to my face.
"Surprise" Soojin Unnie smirked at me before running and throwing flour to the other members. Since we were mostly wet, the flour stuck to us and made me look like some sort of over powdered baby.
"Oh she is so dead." I muttered to myself before targeting Soojin who was running away from me. Everyone had their own targets and had their backs chased with someone else, Jihan was running from Soeun who was shooting her water gun at Jihan while being thrown flour from Jaehee behind her. I stopped to catch my breath but I was only greeted with a thrust of water straight to my face. Monday managed to steal my hose and aimed it directly to me which made me soaked, Jiyoon saw it and was now grabbing a handful of flour before throwing it over Monday.
"Don't make our maknae sick." Jiyoon shouted while Monday aimed the hose at her and World War III just started. Now everyone was targeting Monday Unnie, they don't even know why we were targeting her yet they just joined in and started to chase Monday around the yard. Jihan suddenly started to throw the flour all over us, I grabbed the flour and threw a handful of flour directly at her. The flour bag was almost empty at this point, we were passing it to each other and threw it to each other without a care in the world. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Soeun standing in the corner alone, I got really concerned and went to her to ask about what happened. I tapped her shoulder slowly, alerting her about my presence.
"Yah Soeun why aren't you joining-" Before I could finish my sentence, a neon colored water gun was aimed at my face. I stood there frozen in place, I was too shocked to even avoid the gun at my face.
"Love you ~~" Soeun chuckled before pressing the trigger which made my face soaked with water. I turned my back on her and rubbed my eyes attempting to clear the water. Once I opened my eyes I was only greeted with flour thrown to my face. After I cleaned my eyes again Jaehee stood there with a huge grin before running along with Soeun, they laughed and high-fived together. 'Prepare to take an eternity cleaning your faces' I smirked before asking Soojin to join alliance with me. Soon enough me, Soojin, Jaehee, and Jihan was on one team while the 02's were preparing to fight us.
"Whoever gets most flour on a specific member in the team loses." Jiyoon shouts and all of us shout yes in response, I guess we're going to prepare for my funeral. I have a feeling they were going to target me and not protect their chosen member at all. I'm actually surprised we could understand this very random game even when Jiyoon just explained the rule and objective in one sentence. We won't know who is actually the chosen member so I think we will end up just getting flour on all of our faces.
"They're so serious." Jihan chuckled seeing them huddle and chanting some sort of team motto or something.
"Definitely." I replied before asking the three to huddle together like them.
"So what are we doing ?" Jaehee asks as we wrapped our shoulders together like they did,
"I just wanted us to huddle like them rather than looking at them like creepy 70 year old stalkers." I blurt out, we chuckled after realizing that we really look like that when we were staring at them.
"Who will we choose ?" Jihan asked, we never actually discussed that too.
"I think we should choose Jaehee since they would think that we choose the birthday girl over here." Soojin points at me and I admit it's a pretty good strategy.
"Okay then you guys should protect me and try your best to not let my face become a white ghost." I said, it's a good tactic to make the others think that I'm the chosen member but I also don't want to become a pie faced girl on my birthday. I already cleaned my full-floured face and it was definitely an eventful experience. We briefed a little more about how we're going to throw the flour, before I knew it we were already talking about how flour was made. Soojin said it was found in 1779 while Jaehee told her it was 1778. They definitely failed history class, Jihan made eye contact with me and we both knew that they were so far from the truth.
"6000 BC." I said as a matter of factly, both of them eyed me weirdly, not understanding what I meant. I was about to explain when Jihan's voice cut me off.
"6000 BC was when flour was found." Jihan said amusedly, we chuckled seeing their not believing reactions. Jaehee searched it on her phone and much to her dismay we were right.
"Let's make a team name." Soojin says after a moment of slience.
"Sure, what about DT02's ?" Jihan suggests and I knew what she meant by that.
"Destroy The 02's ? Interesting name." Jaehee translates, I think that was really what Jihan thought.
"Yeap" Jihan confirmed before we broke out to a laughing fit
"Sure let's use that." Soojin says before screaming at the 02's to hurry up.
"Wait seriously ?" I asked Soojin Unnie, I thought we were just kidding about the new name of our group. Apparently she didn't hear me because both her and Jihan was teasing the other members about how they took too long and was about to lose anyway.
"Looks like we are actually using the name" Jaehee said, the only sane one besides me.
"Let's go !" Soeun shouts before grabbing some flour and started the fight. I aimed my water gun at Monday, thinking that she was the chosen member. Now I'm not so sure because she just straight up sprayed water at my face, if she was the one I'm sure she would've ran rather than attacking me. Before Soeun could throw the flour to my face, Jihan stepped in front of me and her face now looks like the devil's spawn.
"Yah how dare you hit our makae !" Jihan screamed in anger as she threw a fistful of flour at Soeun's face. I took the moment to look at the battlefield, Soojin was running with a soaked Jiyoon on her back while Jaehee was chasing Monday around.
"Aigooo why am I friends with these kids" I thought to myself, suddenly my mouth met a really disgusting taste and I saw Soeun Unnie smiling evilly at me.
"You threw flour at me !" I gasped loudly before chasing her around with a water gun and flour in my hand.

A lot of raging noises later
"This is so tiring." Jiyoon sighs as she layed down on a clean spot of grass.
"I'm exhausted." Monday says as she was also catching her breath on the ground.
Everyone except Jihan was now laying down and enjoying the cool breeze of the spring season, looking at the clouds, enjoying the sun.
"Everyone show your faces." Jihan gestured us to stand up which caused everyone including me to groan and whine. Monday was pulled by Jihan forcefully since she was the only one who didn't want to get up.
"Okay who was the person you guys chose ?" Jaehee asks the 02's curiously,
"Monday, what about you guys ?" I was totally not expecting that, they were attacking us and throwing away flour like none of them was chosen. I was pretty sure that Monday wasn't the one but I guess it was their tactic all along. Monday was no match to our team's member though.
"Jaehee." I stated proudly, Jaehee was the one who got the least flour on our faces. With Soeun mainly targeting me and Soojin, and Jihan getting ganged by Jiyoon and Monday. Nobody thought that Jaehee was the one because even when she was hit she threw a lot of flour at everyone's faces without a fear in the world.
"So what we have to do ?" Jiyoon asks the winners as she slumped down back to her previous spot. The winners immediately stopped celebrating at the sudden question.
"I actually have no idea." Soojin says honestly, we were so excited about the game that we didn't realize what punishment we were going to give.
"Since it's my birthday I'm not going to give you guys any punishments." I clasped my hands and when I announced that Jiyoon, Monday, and Soeun hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe.
"If that's what our maknae wants then that's what she'll get." Soojin says, a bit disappointed but smiling nonetheless. Jaehee and Jihan also smiled but decided to make them be the last to take a shower.
"Whoever goes first between you three, you guys can choose." Jihan says but they didn't seem to hear it since they're already laying down on the grass with their eyes closed.
We layed down  for a while, the seven of us, just looking at the sky.

It was probably 7 PM now and the sun was starting to set, bright purple and pink strokes blending in with the orange sun. Clouds started to cover the shining sun, now it was just a gradient of pink, purple, and a dark shade of blue above the horizon.

Third person POV
One thing went through their minds as they watched the sunset,
Beautiful
Every moment they spent together was deeply treasured by each of the members. When they fought and teased each other, it would always get resolved within a day. What's a family without endless teasing and arguments right ?

"Okay it's freezing now I'm going to take a shower." Zoa says before running inside hurriedly, it was definitely cold but they were going to wait anyways so why not enjoy the cool wind breeze. One by one they took turns taking a shower and only the losing teams' members were left.
"I'm done." Soojin shouts as she goes outside with a towel wrapped around her head. The three who was almost asleep laying down on the ground didn't hear anything so Zoa volunteered to tell them.
"Jiyoon Unnie, Monday Unnie, Soeun Unnie the bathroom's empty." Zoa shouted, already nearing them but they still didn't hear anything which made Zoa look at them curiously. Zoa sighs looking at how peaceful the three was before an idea popped up in her head about how to wake them up.
"The cake is almost gone !" Zoa said while singing and as she expected, they immediately sprinted towards the dorm and fought over who was going to eat first. Zoa laughs a bit hearing Soojin's distinct complaints, she could definitely hear Soojin insisting that they should take a shower first before eating the cake.
"What an interesting family I have" Zoa mumbled to herself before going back to the chaos.

Happy Birthday Uri maknae 💗