Without me, #10

It was currently 8.30 PM, everyone was busy doing their own things in their own worlds. Soojin was still stuck in the studio while the rest of the members came back to the dorm first. Everyone was occupied doing their own things, may it be Jihan and Zoa playing with their own phones or Jaehee and Monday playing games, Soeun was reading a novel whilst Jiyoon sat at the counter staring blankly at a piece of paper. At the studio, she was singing random notes and playing around with some words when an inspiration hit her. Jiyoon hadn't had the time to actually write the lyrics because it was already night time so she chose to go home rather than walking home alone. But when she got the paper and pen in her hand, her mind suddenly went blank. So here she was, frustratedly trying to remember the words and some of the beats she used.
"Unnie what are you doing ?" Jihan asked confusedly, she had been looking at Jiyoon for a while now. It was rare to see Jiyoon so focused in a piece of blank paper so Jihan was curious about what she was doing.
"I had thought of a potential new song but now I can't even remember a single line." Jiyoon replies hopelessly, she already spent 15 minutes minutes trying to piece notes together but none of it felt right to her.
"Maybe I can help with that." Jihan suddenly ran to her room after placing her glass of water at the table. Jiyoon stared at the running figure attentively, wondering what made her run that fast.
"This." Jihan came back with a speaker in her hands, when she had a song stuck in her head she usually listened to random songs. This method either made her forget about the song in her head or help her restore the lyrics so she could search it.
"So does your song have an upbeat tone to it or is it a ballad ?" Jihan asked as she connected her speaker to her phone, Zoa and Jaehee was also starting to get curious about what they were talking about.
"Ballad with a slight happy vibe." Jiyoon answered her after thinking about the first few keys she managed to remember.
"What are you guys doing ?" Zoa asked the two who was trying to find a similar song that fits Jiyoon's description.
"Jiyoon Unnie had a song in mind but forgot about the lyrics on the way here." Jihan said distractedly as she played a song that was not too fast yet not too slow. Zoa and Jaehee nod in response, but not understanding what the bluetooth speaker Jihan took was for. They nodded to the beat and danced random choreography to a few songs they have heard. Music can really change ones' atmosphere, like now when it used to be a bit of sad vibe because Jiyoon couldn't remember her song but soon change into a really happy mood. They danced happily in the living room, also teasing Soeun and Monday who were really focused to what they were doing.
"By the way what's the bluetooth for if you could listen from your phone ?" Jaehee asked the younger,
"Surround sound." Jihan shrugged before hearing Soeun's squeal. Hearing Soeun's random noises was normal for the members by now, she was really immersed in her novel that when she read an interesting chapter she would automatically make random sounds like a scream of happiness ? Or despair.
"Did Jason die ?!?" Monday jumped next to the girl before bombarding her with questions regarding her favorite character, Jason. Soeun bought the novel a few days ago and insisted Monday to read it with her, as soon as she read the first few chapters, she was completely addicted to the story. The two took turns reading the chapters so they could be in the same page when they talked about the novel. The story was about forbidden love and as cliche it was, they were at the point where they got caught. Since both the fathers of the girl and the boy were enemies, they tensed up thinking that the boy was about to die getting killed by the girl's father who was a mafia leader.
Soeun silenced herself by closing her mouth to prevent another shout echoing down the dorm. In the story, the boy was brave enough to stand in the middle of a war between the two mafia gangs. He was trying to show them that they both loved each other and nothing was going to break their bond.
"We should read that book ASAP." Zoa said and the three girls next to her nod tirelessly. They agreed to read it in pairs, with Jiyoon being the last because she wasn't as immersed in the story as the other members was. Monday and Soeun often discussed the novel in front of the members which also made them very interested in the story. They wanted to start reading the novel but Soeun told them to wait since she and Monday was almost done reading.
"Has anyone heard from Soojin Unnie ?" Jaehee asked, it was starting to get late and she was worried of what Soojin was doing this late at night.
"I haven't heard from her since I left the studio." Monday said as she put her phone down and walked to the rest of the members.
"She's still doing some stuff and told me she would be home late so don't worry." Soeun explained after composing herself, then she showed her phone to the other members.
"Okay then tell her to be careful on her way back." Jiyoon says to Jaehee who was currently holding Soeun's phone.
"Okay mom." Jaehee replies teasingly, Zoa retorted back and in a blink of an eye they were already bickering.