[annoying friends]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Over the sound of his headphones, he could hear the shouts of a boy around his age. Only sparing a glance, he peered one eye open but quickly shut it. Haruhi was there. They could deal with it. 

He could see the displeased look on his friend's face the moment he opened his eyes. Nevertheless, they all giddily followed Haruhi up the stairs. 

M/n had taken up the habit of keeping one of his headphones on and the other off. His family called it paranoia but he called it attentive to his surroundings. On the other hand, he wished he had blocked out the noise today. 

"Psst. Haruhi." Hikaru called. Haruhi rolled their eyes before ignoring him and pushing the door open. 

"What do you want?" Haruhi asked, annoyed. They expected them to join them in the house (as Tamaki did) but the rest stayed put. 

"Who's that?" Kaoru asked, pointing to the boy who sat peacefully on his chair. He had his eyes closed but they could see the one headphone off and one on. 

"Don't point," Mori directed and the twins simply shrugged. 

"Who is it, who is it?" Honey jumped up and down next to his much taller friend. They all looked to Haruhi who was peering out of their apartment. 

"Oh. That's L/n." The club members gave them a puzzled look. "L/n!" they called. He took a deep breath, preparing himself for the chaos to come, and slowly took off his headphones. 

"Is this your handsome neighbour?" Tamaki asked, finally making himself known. He strutted (as much as he could on the slim balcony) and bent down to your level. He looked much taller as he got closer. Around 5'10, you guessed. 

"I would appreciate it if you didn't try to seduce my friends, Tamaki-senpai," Haruhi murmured. Tamaki waved them off and directed his attention back to the boy in front of him. He suddenly pulled out a rose from behind his back and waved it in the stranger's face. 

"It's only fitting that such a handsome young man be gifted a lovely rose—" 

"I'm good, thanks." 

"Pfffft!" The Hiitachiin twins snickered in the background. "Boss!" Kaoru called. "You just got totally rejected!" Hikaru added. 

Tamaki scoffed in disbelief but he quickly got over it. "No worries! A friend of Haruhi's is a friend of mine—" 

"Again, I'm good." 

"I don't think he likes you, Tama-chan." Honey pointed out and the twins doubled over in laughter. 

"Mori!" Tamaki called, snapping his fingers. Mori let out a gruff hum and awaited his demand. "Headphones!" Mori immediately snatched m/n's headphones off of his neck. 

"And...there go my headphones. Nice." He said, pursing his lips. Tamaki examined the headphones thoroughly before tossing them off to the twins.

"Ooh. Expensive." They said in unison. Suddenly a sound emitted from the black headphones. 

"How could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine?" 

"How could I live before?" 

"How could I have been so blind?" 

"You done yet?" He asked impatiently while crossing his arms. 

"Sorry about them," Haruhi muttered and m/n's demeanour seemed to change suddenly. 

"Nah, don't worry about it. I know a thing or two about annoying friends." He lifted himself off of the patio chair and started walking into Haruhi's apartment. "Need any help?" 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───