[favourite worst nightmare]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[if you recognize the chapter title you get a cookie :)]

[mature jokes]

Sweat dripped down the side of his face as he sprinted down the street. His feet ached, his head spinning with uneasy thoughts, his stomach, a twisted mess of anxiety. 

It was not a good day for m/n l/n. 

Now, you may need a small reminder but Erin l/n suffered from a tumour in her amygdala which usually wouldn't be fatal but she was slightly different. Being at the small age of 7 along with complications of her health since birth, her body was so underdeveloped that it couldn't fight off the tumour by the time they found out about it — which was only a couple of years ago. 

No, it was not a good day for m/n at all. 

His fist pounded on the door of the Suoh residence. He swiftly brushed the collected sweat onto his arm with his spare hand and waited (im)patiently for someone to answer the door. 

"Yes?" 

His head snapped up in that it was Tamaki answering the door. Though, by a glance, he could tell that it wasn't the blonde he was looking for. 

"I'm m/n l/n your—"

"Nextdoor neighbour?" He asked and m/n nodded, quickly trying to get an introduction out of the way.

"I'm looking for my younger sister, Erin l/n. Have you seen her?" 

There was a small glint of hope in his eyes but, of course, it was crushed when the unidentified man said she hadn't passed him. With a small bow, he was off once more, now on his way to Ouran Academy. 

He knew the staff of the l/n household were already out searching in every corner of the city but that wouldn't suffice. As much as Erin herself may hate to admit it, she wasn't immortal and she certainly didn't know how to get around in Japan. 

Barely 5 minutes had passed before m/n had knocked over the doors of the host club and frantically looking around for the missing girl. "Tamaki! Haruhi!" 

The pair turned around, almost frightened by the urgency in his voice. Despite knowing m/n for years, never had Haruhi ever seen him on edge quite as much as he was in this moment. 

"H-Have you seen, Erin?!" The cry came out strangled. His voice caught in his throat awaiting the news to be shared. 

She couldn't have made it all the way to Ouran, he thought to himself, it would be impossible. Physically impossible