[i feel a little safer when i'm with you]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

There was a question m/n had been asking himself all day. Do I have to?

Yes, actually, he did need to unless he wanted to be sued. 

You see, he had "accidentally" stolen his ex-boyfriend's motorcycle as a spur-of-the-moment decision that he now regretted. Especially since Tamaki wanted to tag along. 

Haruhi had disappeared off the grid and he was bored and lonely. Of course, m/n knew exactly where his friend was but had been specifically asked not to tell anyone. Though he was almost certain Kyoya knew where they were. 

"You sure you wanna come?" M/n asked for possibly the 10th time that morning. "The helmet will mess up your hair too." Yet, despite the warning, he still stood tall and ready for another exhilarating ride. 

"Alright." M/n sighed and kicked the stand that was holding them up. 

"WAIT NO—"

"Too late~!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Ah! That was fun!" Tamaki smiled as he unclipped the helmet. They arrived at a small park near a train station so they could get back home if they needed to. 

"You were yelling more than Erin does when she's on the bike." M/n deadpanned and Tamaki instantly froze. "But she's also the most fearless 7-year-old I've ever met so it's tough competition." 

"How is little Erin doing nowadays anyway?" A deeper and more gruff voice came from behind them. The blonde instantly snapped his head around while m/n groaned, preparing him for what was to come next. 

"You're the guy from the commoners' supermarket!" Tamaki gaped as if he solved the world's greatest mystery. "And you—"

"Here's your bike. Sorry for taking it." M/n said while roughly slapping the helmets back into his ex-boyfriend's arms. 

"Don't worry about it!" The older male laughed and m/n cringed. Tamaki watched with interest. M/n was not a person that showed his emotions freely so for one person to be able to get a reaction (even a small one) from him was incredibly impressive. At least, to the blonde. 

"Did you have fun—"

"I don't want to have small talk with you, Theo. I'm leaving."

That was supposed to be that. Simple, quick and easy. With m/n walking away and Tamaki following like a lost puppy, everything was supposed to be fine. 

"I already told you this, but I applied for ouran!" Theo called out yet m/n kept his pace. He was used to the lies, the deception. Tamaki's eyes darted from one male to the other, but he trusted his friend, and if m/n said to keep walking that's what he would do. 

"And I got accepted!" 

Nothing. 

No reaction. 

Nothing. 

And that, my friend, is the worst enemy of a narcissist. No attention means no power. M/n learnt that the hard way. 

"And you're going to come running back." 

Correction, he was learning it the hard way. Time after time, the older male knew how to press all the wrong buttons and in those moments, m/n simply snapped. 

"You—"

"Just keep walking," Tamaki whispered. Like a cord being cut in half, the rage and anger m/n once felt faded into thin air. His eyes trailed back to the violet ones. "Let's go." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The two boys found themselves at a small cafe Haruhi had introduced their friend to when he first came to Japan. "Thank you, Tamaki. I owe you one." He spoke softly, barely above a whisper but Tamaki made sure to listen keenly. 

"It's no trouble, really! No one should be manipulated like that!" Tamaki beamed. A small smile curled on m/n's face but he quickly hid it with a small sip of coffee.

"That may be so but I still feel like I owe you so—"

"—you really don't have to—"

"Haruhi is staying at Mizuzu's pension across the street. They also work there." M/n explained. Quickly, the bell atop the door clinked against the wood. M/n sat there in shock, Tamaki was no longer in front of him but bolting into the busy streets to see his beloved Haruhi. 

"And that's my cue to leave."

  ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

writers block sucks ass