[excuses, excuses]

"I'll be there

"I'll be there."

The dial tone played in his ear as they hung up.

"Who was that?" Kyoya asked, peeling Tamaki away from him. "Anyone of importance?"

"I have an interview this weekend-"

"REALLY?!" Erin shouted excitedly. Her temper tantrum was immediately abandoned and she was running back into her brother's arms. The blonde sighed, letting his misery take over.

"Wow.. that's amazing news..." Tamaki mumbled into the brightly coloured pillow. He genuinely felt happy for his friend; this could be his big break in the writing world!

Of course none of that mattered when Tamaki, the grand king of the host club, was suffering a terrible tragedy such as this one.

"Good luck, m/n!" Honey chimed along with a hum from his taller friend. The small blonde bounced his stuffed animal around as to congratulate him.

"Would it be alright if we came along to watch? Only if you're okay with it, of course." Haruhi asked, quickly adding the second part.

They would never want to intrude on something this important. However... It is the perfect opportunity to embarrass him. How could they not want to take it?

The hitachiin twins seemed to have a similar idea. To their surprise, Tamaki still hadn't risen from his depressed state. Something was wrong.

"Hey, boss?" Kaoru asked.

"Everything alright?" Hikaru added. They both stared at him from opposite directions.

"Why, yes... Of course, it is." Tamaki answered half-heartedly. "Why wouldn't it be?" He dragged on his words to the point it seemed a little overdramatic, even for him.

"Maybe because you're withering away on the floor. A floor that hundreds of people have stepped on, by the way."

"And I'm up!"
__________________ 🥀 __________________

The weekend came fast and preparations even faster. M/n was having an internal tug-of-war on what to wear.

He never had a good fashion sense. At one point he did but someone told him otherwise and ever since then it was grey sweatpants for the win.

Though I can't say many people complained.

"M/n," Kyoya called from outside his dressing room. "It's almost time, are you ready?" He asked monotonously, holding a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other.

Unsurprisingly, Kyoya was able to come into contact with the company interviewing m/n and took it upon himself to make some arrangements.

"Kyoya, let me handle this!" The failed whispers of Tamaki could be heard on the other side of the door before it was abruptly opened.