First Night Home

TK's POV

With all the papers and random things that needed to be signed we all got home super late, it was like two in the morning when we first got home. But I didn't feel like sleeping. I had two days off not counting what would've been the twelve remaining hours of my shift if I hadn't hurt my wrist.

While Carlos was trying to settle Lane into the bed in the guest room, I was sitting in the living room with a piece of lined paper and a pencil writing a list of all the things we need to buy for Lane.

Basic Necessities for a 3 year old
-Car seat
-Toddler sized bed
-Toys
-Clothes (Pajamas, shirts, jeans, etc)
-Plastic plates & utensils
-Sippy cups
-Crayons
-Baby Soap
-Shoes (Sneakers, tennis shoes, sandals)
-Stuffed Toys
-Blankets
-Hair Brush

I put the pencil down sighing at the realization that this would be harder than I originally thought it'd be. But still obviously no regrets, that little boy needed stability more than anything and if I could help him then you bet I would do everything in my power to do so.

2 hour time skip

TK's POV

I walked into me and Carlos' room to find him sitting in bed looking at his phone while it was connected to the charger.

"Hey baby." I said while walking to our shared dresser.

"Hey babe, hurry up it's late." He told me without looking up from his phone.

I rolled my eyes while changing out of my jeans and into blue plaid pajama bottoms.

"You know we really need to go to the store tomorrow." I told him while walking toward the closet and grabbing one of his shirts.

"I know, we need to get a bunch of stuff for Lane, but I can't really get off work."

"Alright, I'll go to the store tomorrow to pick up some basic things." I said while walking back into our room now wearing his old worn out NASA t-shirt.

I walked over to my side of the bed and climbed under the covers. I turned off my lamp which was one of two that were lighting the room. I settled into our bed and closed my eyes, I heard Carlos shift around before I heard a click and suddenly his arms were around me, like they have been every night for the past few months.

8 hour time skip

Owens POV

After turning my key in the lock I pushed the door open while letting out a yawn.

When I entered the house I took a quick look around everything is exactly where it should be, nothings out of the ordinary. Except for one thing, crying. Loud and clear someone was crying.

I closed the door behind me and started following the noise into the guest bedroom. The door was slightly opened so I looked inside to see if it was one of those situations I shouldn't get myself involved in.

When I looked inside the room though I saw TK.

TK holding a blonde boy with curly hair. TK is so hyper fixated on trying to calm the screaming toddler that he doesn't notice me walking further into the room.

"Shh, baby he's coming back later calm down." I heard him say to the toddler.

"TK."

"Hey dad." He said as he spared me a glance. Then realization hit on who he was talking too and he looked back at me with wide eyes.

"Hey dad!" He said again a lot louder and a lot faster.

"TK, do you have a kid I don't know about?"

"Uhm ...no, well yes, but also no."

The little boy he was holding took a second to look at me, then he smiled. I started to run my fingers through his hair like I did when TK was a kid. The little blonde boy instantly starts calming down.

I glance back at TK and struggle not to laugh at his confused face.

The boys who's name I found out from TK was Lane fell asleep within a few minutes.

Half hour time skip

"Dad!" TK called from down the hallway.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"Can you watch Lane while I run to the store and pick a few things up?" He asked me while he walked all the way into the living room.

"What do you need?"

"Well I don't necessarily need anything but Lane needs a bunch of stuff."

"Yeah I got him, but when you come home I expect to hear the full story. Okay?"

"Yeah, yeah that's fair. Bye!" He said while walking out the front door.

2 hours later

"Hey Lane, you want a sandwich or something kiddo!" I called in the direction of the house Lanes room was in.

I heard a door swing open, and when I turned to see who opened the door so harshly I saw the blonde three year old boy running into living room then circling the coffee table a few times.

The strange game that only he knew the rules for ended with me scooping him up and blowing raspberries into his belly. Lane's face was red from laughing so hard.

"Now!" I grunted as I fixed the boy on my hip. "Do you want lunch or not?"

He nodded over enthusiastically.

I set him on couch and knelt down to look him in the eyes.

"Do you want turkey or peanut butter and jelly?" I asked him figuring he should be the one to choose.

"Peanuts and jelly!" He screamed throwing his arm in the air causing me to let out a small laugh.

"But no crust." He said while pointing an accusing finger at me, I raised my hands slightly in mock surrender while standing up.

"Yes sir, no crust." I said while walking to the kitchen.

A few minutes later I walked out of the kitchen to find Lane sitting by the entertainment stand poking at buttons on the DVD player. I set down the plate with his sandwich on it and speed walked over to where he was sitting on the floor.

"Hey bud, this isn't a toy okay."

He looked at me confused.

I let out a quiet sigh.
"Why don't we watch tv while you eat, okay?"

He immediately lit up at this. I picked him up a plopped him on the couch grabbing the remote and his plate from the coffee table. I know you aren't supposed to let kids use glass plates but we don't have any plastic ones so whatever works.

I found some animated movie on Netflix and played that for him while he finished his sandwich.

About halfway through the movie that I wasn't paying attention to, Lane leaned on my side. I looked down and realized he'd fallen asleep. I couldn't help but smile at the sleeping toddler.

________________________
A/N
By the way TK definitely got a really cute picture of them cuddling on the couch when he got home
_____________
But there you go as promised Owen was in this chapter. I just love how he's immediately adopted his role as grandpa even though TK and Carlos are still settling into being parents. Also if you were wondering in the beginning of the chapter Lane is crying because Carlos had to leave for work before he woke up. (He's really attached to Carlos)