Drop Off

TK's POV

It had been about a week since the wedding, and it was now officially time to exit the honeymoon phase and get back to the real world.

What better way to do that then be forced to drop our son off with his biological grandparents.

___________________________________

I didn't sleep much at all the night before so when it came time to wake up and get ready at 8:30 I had no trouble getting out of bed. Carlos on the other hand slept like a log and had a terrible time waking up.

Lane woke up in pretty good mood today and was very excited when I told him he'd be going to the park with Mimi and Pappy.

Lane was supposed to stay with Mildred and William for most of the day so he filled his Paw Patrol backpack to the brim with toys, most of which my dad had bought for him.

We all got dressed casually and ate a very light breakfast before it was time to meet with Lane's grandparents, hand him off, and not see him again for the rest of the day.

The drive to the park was very short which is a good and bad thing. Good because Lane isn't to far from the house. Bad because we had to say bye earlier than I had wanted.

We reluctantly climbed out of the car with Carlos helping unbuckle Lane from his car seat and me holding his small backpack of toys.

Instead of setting Lane on the ground to walk by himself Carlos continued to hold him close to his chest while running his hand up and down his back.

I glanced around the park looking for William and Mildred when I saw them stepping out of their own car and walking towards the three of us.

Mildred waved a little while smiling as she speed walked towards us, William on the other hand had a very plain almost bored expression on his face as he walked toward us with his hands in his pockets.

Once they reached us Mildred walked towards me to talk about her plans for the day while William took Lane from Carlos.

I could see over Mildred's shoulder that once William took Lane from Carlos he didn't hold him or smile at him, he simply set him on ground. He didn't even bother to hold his hand so he wouldn't run into oncoming traffic. Thank god Carlos had some common sense and held Lanes small hand in an effort to keep him still.

"Is that alright with y'all." I heard Mildred say snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, what was that?" I asked.

She smiled and let out a small fake laugh before repeating herself.

"I was saying that we plan to play in that park for a little and then take Lane out for lunch. Maybe we can drop him off with you guys at five, is that alright with y'all?"

"Uh, yeah I guess five is fine." I answered her question.

There was a moment of silence between all of us for a minute.

"Well I guess we better get going now." Carlos said breaking the silence.

Carlos and I both said goodbye to a very confused Lane and left.

When we were getting in the car without Lane he started crying. When I was about to turn around and go get him Mildred simply picked him up and waved us off.

___________________________________

Carlos' POV

TK sat in the passenger seat quietly as I drove until we got out of the park where Lane was with his grandparents.