Daycare

Btw every time I introduce a new character I update the cast list so check it out if you wanna put a face to a name.
________________________________

TK's POV

I woke up early that day. I hated waking up early but my job as a parent and my side gig as a paramedic sorta require it. That's fine though, I wouldn't really get to spend much time with Lane that day so getting up early and having breakfast together sounded nice.

The first thing I did was get myself dressed and drink a cup of coffee with a little to much sugar in it.

After drinking my over sweetened coffee it was finally time to wake my kid up. Carlos came home late the night before so I decided to let him sleep a little longer.

I stepped into Lane's room and the sight I was met with made me smile immediately. My son was sleeping peacefully in his bed fully covered by his blanket except for one arm that was out of his blanket and wrapped tightly around his favorite stuffed elephant. I almost didn't want to wake him up, but we all had places to be today so sleeping in wasn't an option.

I walked up to Lane's bed and put my hand on his back softly rubbing it up and down.

"Lane, come on we have to get up now." I told him softly as he fluttered his eyes open. He whined a little and rolled over to not have to face me. I laughed a little at this.

"Come on sweetie we need to get dressed and make breakfast, and then we can wake papa up."

He got excited when I mentioned Carlos. Lane had taken to calling Carlos papa that week, he doesn't call me dad or daddy yet which is kind of sad, but time will tell.

Lane climbed out of his bed while I looked through his wardrobe for what he should wear today. It was going to be hot all day so I settled for denim shorts, a Mickey Mouse t-shirt, and Velcro Adidas, because tying tiny shoelaces is hard.

Once Lane was dressed I had to help him brush his teeth, then I tried to put a little gel in his hair so it would remain in its natural curls all day, but the three year old flat out refused.

After our little hair gel debacle I decided to make breakfast while Lane played with toys in the living room. There isn't much a three year old can do to help in the kitchen anyways.

I chose to make everyone bacon and eggs for breakfast which is pretty basic but it's quick.

I was done cooking for three within forty minutes which is pretty damn impressive.

"Lane, baby, can you come here!" I called for Lane.

Within two seconds Lane came running through the door holding a toy fire truck my dad bought for him.

I knelt down to match his height.

"Let's go run and wake papa so he can have breakfast with us." I whispered to him.

He got really excited when he heard this and immediately dropped his truck and ran towards mine and Carlos' shared room.

By the time I had caught up to Lane he was already struggling to climb onto our bed where Carlos was laying peacefully asleep.

I picked him up and set him on the side of our bed I usually sleep on. Lane didn't hesitate to climb on top of Carlos and sit on his chest. Effectively scaring him awake.

"Papa! We needa eat beakfast!" He shouted, Lane has trouble with the letter r and remembering it exists.

"Okay, okay baby." Carlos told him while sitting up and kissing his cheek causing Lane to giggle.