Statement

A/N
Just in case it wasn't obvious this story will not include the events of season 3. I mean Tarlos is literally married in this fanfic, they shall never be apart.
THEY BELONG TOGETHER!!!!

_______________________________________________________

Carlos POV

Birds chirped outside and early morning sunlight made it's way through the slightly opened blinds of our bedroom window. The gentle sunlight rested on TK's sleeping face.

TK sleeps peacefully at night, seemingly very comfortable with the here and now. Lane is safe with us where he belongs right here, right now.

I on the other hand cannot sleep peacefully at night. My mind isn't able to focus on here and now anymore. I only lay in bed and think about the future, not in a particularly positive way either. I can't stop myself from wondering what will happen if we don't win custody of Lane. Will we lose him forever? Would he even remember us in a few years?

These disturbing thoughts usually lead me into Lane's room where I find him sleeping, clutching a toy.

I blinked hard twice in an effort to clear the thoughts running through my head. I pushed the comforter off my body to get up when I heard a grunt to my left. I looked over to see TK reaching for my hand.

"Carlos where are you going?" He mumbled.

"I'm just gonna go check if Lane's awake babe." I leaned down to kiss his head before attempting to get out of bed.

"Stop!" He pulled my hand towards himself, "leave him alone Carlos it's early." He grumbled while trying to use his grip on my hand to pull me back to bed.

I smiled at him before leaning closer to him. "You're adorable, but I'm gonna go check on the baby." He smiled while I kissed his cheek a few times before finally being able to get out of bed.

I stepped out of our room and walked across the hall to Lane's bedroom. I chose not to knock on the door just in case he was still asleep. Though I definitely wasn't surprised when I opened the door to find Lane quietly playing with Paw Patrol figurines in the corner.

When the three year old heard the door open he Immediatly turned his head towards me.

"Papa!" He shouted a bit to loud considering the time.

I smiled kneeling down to pull him close to my chest. "Good morning baby." I said kissing his cheek a few times before letting him go back to playing.

______________________________________________________________

TK's POV

Dad was running late for his shift this morning and Lane didn't seem to realize that he was running around because he was late. He just about followed my dad out the door before realizing he was going to work.

I got a good laugh out of it.

Carlos though didn't pay much attention to the situation seemingly to engrossed in something on his phone.

I chose not to bother Carlos in favor of stopping Lane from climbing on the coffee table.

____________________________________________________

I played Encanto on the tv for Lane, before walking towards the kitchen only sparing a short glance at Carlos who was now typing vigorously on his phone muttering to himself silently.

I looked into the living room a couple times while making food to see Lane playing with toys and Carlos sitting in the exact same spot. Not moving once.