As a family.

I feel like I've been stalling writing this chapter because I'm scared that when this story ends I'll have nothing to define me as a writer anymore. Please if you're reading this, check out my other book and maybe follow me to get more works from me.
Anyways I can't stall anymore after I publish this chapter there will only be about 6 more until the end of my story. 😔😔

^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^

Owen's POV

"Arms up bud." I told Lane.

Lane put his arms above his head and I slipped a tshirt over his head.

I had volunteered to get Lane ready for daycare today. I figured TK and Carlos wouldn't feel up to it, considering what today is.

"Alright bud let's get your shoes on"

"Okay gandpa!" Lane ran to go get his sneakers from his closet.

I felt a smile grace my face at hearing my new name from my grandson.

Lane ran back to me holding up his Paw Patrol sneakers with a huge smile on his face.

"Good job buddy. Let's put these on." I took Lane's shoes in one hand and with the other I led him to his fully made bed to sit down while I put his shoes on.

I kneeled in front of Lane made quick work of getting his first shoe on.

"You look fancy gandpa!" Lane said while pointing to the tie around my neck.

"Thanks bud." I said to him.

"Why?" He asked still pointing to my tie.

"Why am I dressed fancy?" I asked him.

He responded with a simple nod.

I had to think carefully about how I answered this question. TK told me that he and Carlos had told Lane about the custody battle, but I wasn't sure how much Lane knew.

"Well buddy, I'm going to the courthouse with your dads today, and we have to dress nicely for it."

"Okay."

Luckily Lane didn't have anymore questions about the courthouse.

I finished tying Lane's shoes, and we walked hand in hand to the kitchen.

TK's POV

"I love you baby." I said while hugging Lane.

"I love you too daddy." Lane said with a huge smile on his face.

"We're gonna see you real soon, okay?" I heard Carlos right next to me.

"Okay papa." Lane was starting sound anxious to go inside the daycare..

I kissed Lane's head one more time and Carlos did the same before we had to leave.

We left the daycare and hopped in the car. My dad had offered to sit in the backseat and Carlos was driving.

The drive to the courthouse didn't take to long we parked quickly and everyone immediately exited the car.

Carlos and I started walking towards the doors as soon as we got out of the car.

"Hold up!" I heard a familiar voice call out.

Carlos and I turned to see that it was Judd who yelled, he was joined by the entire 126, Grace, Lindsey, and Carlos' parents were there too.

Mateo ran towards us and pulled us both into a hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" Carlos asked smiling.

"You didn't think we were letting you 2 go through this alone did you?" Marjan asked smirking.

"How did you guys know about our court date?" I asked.

"I invited them." I heard my dad say from beside me.

"You did?"

" Of course, you should have your family with you on a day like this." My dad explained

"Well we should head in there, before we're late." Carlos said while checking his watch.

"Alright, let's go everybody." Dad said to the crowd of people he invited.

We all entered the courthouse together. As a family.