Aftermath

TK's POV

I unlocked the font door to our house while Carlos carried Lane behind me.

After what happened at the hospital we were all eager to get home.

Once inside I set Lane's backpack of toys on the couch and took him from Carlos who was still fuming from whatever William had said to him.

"I'm gonna put Lane to bed." I pointed a finger at Carlos' chest, "You go calm down." I said before walking off to Lane's room.

Lane was exhausted so I just pulled his shoes and shorts off and let him sleep in his t-shirt. I tucked him into his bed and kissed his forehead lightly before creeping out of his bedroom and into the living room.

Once there I saw that Carlos was now joined by my father. My dad was pacing all around the living room meanwhile Carlos sat on the couch practically vibrating with anger.

Once my dad saw me he walked towards me and pulled me into a very sudden hug.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah dad I'm fine." I said while pushing away from him.

"Carlos told me what happened today." He said with a hint of rage in his voice.

"Yeah, pretty crazy day. Lane broke his arm." I said vaguely.

Dad looked towards me with a blank expression, "It's not just that TK. Those people paid no attention to Lane and he broke his arm because if it!" He yelled

"Dad be quiet Lane's asleep." I said.

"He's asleep? Right now?" He asked me.

"Yes." I looked towards Carlos then back to my father, "We should all go to bed now it's been a long day."

My dad silently hugged me one more time before walking off to his room.

Once my dad had left I turned towards Carlos who was still sitting on the couch silently.

"Carlos." I tried to get his attention, but he didn't look towards me.

I sat next to him in the couch and held his hand. "Carlos, do want to talk to me about something?"

I could feel him squeeze my hand slightly but he still didn't respond.

"Carlos tell me what happened in the hospital with William. I want to know." I told him instead of asking.

He finally looked up at me, and took a deep breath.

"I guess he was just being really annoying." He said flatly.

"I know you didn't hit someone because they were being annoying babe. Just tell me."

He sighed deeply before continuing. "Well first he got our names wrong."

I knew this wasn't the reason he hit William but I nodded anyways.

"And then he said that he thought Lane getting hurt was funny." I could feel him practically shaking with anger next to me.

"What?! Who in their right mind would think a kid breaking their arm is funny." I tried staying quiet throughout my rant considering my dad's a light sleeper.

"I know right." Carlos said to me.

"Did he say anything else babe?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Uh, he also kinda called me a beaner." Carlos stammered.

"What!" I yelled standing up from the couch.

"Babe honestly I kinda provoked him when he said that, calm down." He said while standing next to me.

"Why didn't you tell me this at the hospital, now I'm pissed. We could've jumped him together."

Carlos looked a bit shocked at my outburst, but brushed it off quickly.

"Babe chill out." He said as if he wasn't shaking with anger 5 minutes ago. He took my hand in his before leading me to our room down the hall.

"Let's actually get some sleep before work tomorrow." He stated while dragging me towards our bedroom.

____________________________________

A/N
This chapter is bad but I felt like we needed to see Owen and Carlos pissed off together.