Something Special - Chapter 3

"Just five more minutes", Olivia says as her phone alarm is going off nearby. "Spencer make it stop" she says as she reaches her hand out feeling for him.  She sits up and notices that Spencer is not on the couch.  She gets up and realizes that he has left.  "He wouldn't have left without telling me" she ponders to herself.  As she starts to clean up the couch area from their Netflix & Chill night, she notices a note attached to the remote on the coffee table. "Hi Liv, you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you and I knew you needed the rest.  My mom has to be at some weekend seminar in San Diego she signed up for in one of her evening classes.  So, I wanted to get the car back to her in enough time for her to make the trip.  I am working all day today but I will check on you during my breaks.  Oh by the way, you snore."  Talk to you later....Spence."  "I do not snore.  Wait, do I, as she thinks to herself."  After cleaning up the mess from last night, Olivia changes clothes and goes for a run.  

About an hour later, Olivia comes back home and enters the door with her phone ringing.  She realizes that she left her phone in the kitchen.  She answers it. "Olivia, where have you been I have called you and texted you several times in the last hour."  "Sorry mom, I went for a run and didn't realize I left my phone here until I walked in the house hearing it ring."  "Sweetie, always take you phone with you especially when you are out on your morning runs", Laura says.  "Yes ma'am.  What's up?"  "I just wanted to let you know that I am settled here in Sacramento and to give you my suite number if you need anything.  Also, remember your dad is near and though he will be busy with football camps, trainings and whatever he is just a phone call away", Laura reminds her.  "Mom, I am fine!  I know you got to handle business in Sacramento with your new DA appointment and Dad well this is his schedule every summer.  He is Billy Baker and everyone wants him at their summer camps, trainings, event and whatever else."  "Okay, but you know you can fly up here anytime to keep me company."  Ummmm, Mom you are in Sacramento not Palm Springs", Olivia jokes.  Laura laughs and says, "Point taken".  I love you Olivia and keep your phone nearby.  "Mom I hear you and I love you too."  Olivia sees that Asher, Layla, Jordan and Simone have all texted her.  She replies back to them all before heading upstairs to shower. 

Olivia steps out of the shower and puts her robe on as she enters her room she hears her notification alert on her phone.  She lays across her bed to respond.

Spencer:  Hey Ms. Olivia Baker the SNORER! 

Olivia:  Hey, Mr. Spencer James the STINKER!

Spencer:  Huh?

Olivia:  Your farts are HORRIBLE!

Spencer:  Well, excuse me if they don't smell like a bouquet of flowers.

Olivia:  More like the City Dump...

Spencer:  LOL...whatever Liv! Did you get my note?

Olivia:  I did...

Spencer: What are you doing later?

Olivia:  Honestly, I haven't thought about it.  Maybe work on my podcast? You?

Spencer:  I have nothing planned.  Moms is gone for the weekend and Dillon is at some camp. So, I had a thought.

Olivia:  I am listening.

Spencer:  Do you hike?

Olivia:  ????

Spencer: LOL...

Olivia: Why do you ask?

Spencer: I have always wanted to try out the hiking trails at Griffith Park.

Olivia:  You know as long as I have been in L.A.  Never been!

Spencer:  Cool, so that settles it.  Meet me there at 5!  

Olivia:  This is going to be interesting!

Spencer: Tell me about it! Can't wait! See ya soon!

Olivia's Inner Thoughts

I am so glad Spencer is here and near.  I have such an optimistic feeling about this summer compared to last night when I was spiraling.  So, grateful for our friendship.  He always knows what to say when he doesn't realize what he is saying is helping or making me feel better.  It's just natural for him.  He keeps his word too. I know he is checking on me because I admitted to him I was having a "I am alone" moment.  Even before he knew that, he yet came to see about me last night after all he had going on back home in Crenshaw.  He always have a way of making me feel special in some sense.  Like I matter even when I don't think or admit I do.  After the shooting, we have gotten closer and we were pretty close before but the shooting was somewhat of a wake up call for me.  He saved my life.  He willingly put his self in harm's way for me. That changed my perspective on everything.  At the cotillion, he said he was special. Well, Mr. James you are truly something special.  

Olivia gets out of her head and realizes she has about 4 hours until she has to meet Spencer.  She works on her podcast and decides to take a nap so that she will have the energy to conquer her first hike at Griffith Park.  She sets her phone alarm and moments later all you can hear is the sound of snoring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------