Her Decision- Chapter 17

"I'm not going to Vegas..."

Spencer lets go of her waist and sits on the step of the stairs.  "I don't understand Olivia.  Why are you choosing not to go. We were out all day shopping and preparing for the Vegas trip and you never mentioned anything about not going.  But that would explain your mood today.  I knew it was something, "Spencer said.  Olivia sits down beside him on the step. "Spencer, I told you I would think about it and after really thinking about it I have just decided to stay back, "Olivia tells Spencer.  "Olivia but why?" Spencer turns and ask her.  "Spencer, I just don't feel up to it and like I said I don't want anyone holding back on the fun because of me and my sobriety.  Also, I am not trying to be third wheel and Asher is not going to be there and..." Olivia explains when Spencer cuts her off.  "Olivia, we are all going to have fun and support Coop.  That's it!  I am not going to start, fix, rekindle or anything else in the relationship department.  This is NOT that trip.  We are just going to have a good to be free and have some fun with the group," Spencer assures her.  "Spencer I am not going and there's really nothing you can say to change my mind.  I have already told Layla to let her dad know to cancel my flight ticket".  Spencer gives her a look.  "Don't be like that Spencer.  Look you guys are going to have the time of your lives and who knows you may very well rekindle a fire with Layla.  It is Vegas and you haven't seen her in a minute. Plus, she is ready to see you.  Believe me!  So, I am giving you the order to have fun in Vegas and not worry about me.  I will be here working on some podcast material and checking out the American Pie movie marathon.  That's an order Mr. James," Olivia tells him.  Spencer not wanting to accept that but because he knows Olivia wants him to have a good time. He simply says, "Yes ma'am Olivia Baker".  They both get up from the stairs.  Olivia kisses him on the cheek and tells him she is calling it a night.  He tells her that he is going to make sure everything is locked up and head to bed in a few minutes.  She tells him good night and heads up the stairs to her bedroom. 

Spencer makes sure all the doors are locked and when he checks on the patio doors, he decides to go outside and chill for a few minutes.  He sits by the pool...

Spencer's Inner Thoughts

I don't understand why Olivia is choosing not to go to Vegas.  It is really not that serious with the coupling up thing.  She keeps saying that she's sure that Layla is wanting to catch up and spend time with me.  I am sure she is but I just don't think she wants to on that level.  I still care about her and so for her to want to catch up and hang wouldn't be strange.  Yeah, Layla told me she wanted us to catch up but why would she have a different motive on a trip that the whole crew is going be there.  I wish she would change her mind but I respect her decision. Guess a part of me just wanted Liv to be there with me in Vegas... 

Spencer gets up from sitting by the pool and above on the balcony Olivia walks away after watching him the entire time in his deep thoughts... 

Olivia's Inner Thoughts

Wonder what is on Spencer's mind.  I know he wants me to go but I am just not feeling it.  Plus I don't want to be in the middle of anything that Layla has planned or trying to accomplish.  Spencer keeps saying he's not trying to get back with Layla but that will change when he sees her.  So, the time he would be out having fun with me, he can spend it with Layla and maybe they will get back together.  

Olivia starts to yawn when her phone notification goes off. It's a group text...

JJ:  Hey!  I know everyone is still up thinking about VEGAS.  This trip is going to be epic!

Jordan: JJ go to sleep!

Simone: People are trying to rest up...

Coop:  It's about to go down!

Patience:  Viva Vegas Baby!

Spencer:  Dude, you wild!

Layla:  Can't wait!

JJ: Olivia you there?!

Jordan: I am pretty sure the sound of snores is going down right now with my sis! #loveyouLiv

JJ:  Night gang!

Olivia turns off her lamp and gets in the bed. Her notification goes off again.  "I swear if JJ don't stop with the group texting..."  "She then realizes it's not JJ...

Spencer:  I saw your light just went off in your room.  You good?

Olivia:  Yessss...why you ask?

Spencer:  Well, you didn't reply to the group text.

Olivia:  Yeah. I just didn't see the need to reply when they all will find out tomorrow I am not going.  

Spencer:  😥

Olivia: Don't do that

Spencer: Seriously, I respect your decision.  Just wish you would change it.  

Olivia: Spencer...

Spencer:  Okay, I will let it go.  Good night Liv

Olivia:  Good night, Spencer