The Departure - Chapter 18

It's 7 a.m. Spencer goes downstairs heading to the fridge when he sees Olivia getting ready to go out the door.  "Aye, where you going," he stops her.  "Oh, just going for my morning run," she tells him.  "May I join you," he asks her. "You want to run with me?" Olivia answers confused.  "Well, I am not going to see my bestie for a couple of days so why not.  Let me change quick and I will be right back," Spencer says while heading back upstairs.  

A few minutes later he is dressed and ready.  "I hope you can keep up," Olivia teases him. "I am the All-American here," he tells her while she takes off in front of him.  

Ten miles later they both return to the house with Olivia still in front of him.  

Later that morning Olivia is in the kitchen when Spencer comes downstairs.  "I am eating cereal and some fruit.  You want some?" Olivia ask him.  "Well, I was hoping for a spinach egg white cheese omelette," Spencer says with a puppy dog look. "No, Spencer don't try to give me that look.  I purposefully chose to keep breakfast simple," Olivia says.  Spencer sighs sadly and put his head down. "Ugh, fine!" Olivia says.  "You're the best, Liv!" Spencer tells her going from from puppy dog sad to a kid in the candy store. 

Olivia is preparing his omelette when she notices Spencer looking down at his phone. "Everything okay." Olivia ask him.  "Yeah", he says as he goes to the fridge to grab some juice. Olivia is turning the omelette over in the skillet. Spencer sits down at the kitchen island when his notification goes off.  As Olivia is placing the omelette on his plate, she sees him hit the ignore button.  "Who are you ignoring or not wanting to be bothered with?" Olivia asks. 

"Layla has texted me a few times of suggested spots she would like for her and I to check out.  They just keep coming to my phone."  Spencer tells Olivia.  "Well, have you replied to any of the spots she is sending to you." Olivia asks.  "Ummm no because I am not trying to agree to anything and I am not even there yet.  Honestly, not trying to be following some set schedule/itinerary when I get there either," Spencer says.  "Okay but maybe you should send a thumbs up or something.  Don't just ignore her Spencer." Olivia says to him.  "I guess you are right but I am just not focus on all that right now.  Can I atleast get to Vegas first?" Spencer laughs.  "Liv, you still got it!  This omelette been waiting on me." Spencer jokes.  "When did I lose it exactly?" They both stare at one another and she says well I got to run over to SoLA Muse for an hour or so.  "Aight, I got to go get Jordan and bring he and Simone back to the house.  I will see you back here later." Spencer says.  "Yeah, that sounds good." Olivia says as she grab her keys and head out the door.

It's now 3:00 p.m. at the Baker's house.  Jordan is running around everywhere trying to make sure he isn't forgetting anything and being very protective of Simone.  Spencer is on the phone with his mom and Dillon telling them goodbye.  Then suddenly, JJ walks in loud screaming, "VEGAS HERE WE COME!".  Simone and Jordan are on the couch in deep conversation.  "You sure this is what we are doing when we get there," Simone whispers to him.  "Never been more sure about anything," says Jordan.  It's about 3:15 and everyone is laughing, talking and excited.  "Where's Olivia," Jordan says.  "Olivia, come on girl we gots to go," says JJ.  Olivia comes downstairs.  "Where are your bags," Jordan asks her.  

"Hey guys... I have decided to sit this trip out.  I thought about it and just decided it was best for me.  But hey, please enjoy and have enough fun for me.  Don't let JJ have all the fun." Olivia says.  "Sis, you sure about not coming." Jordan walks up towards her.  "Yeah, I am good and like I said I have put thought into it.  So, please just go.  I am good. I promise!" She assures her brother before they do their lil hug and handshake.  "Well, guys it's time we leave so we can be at LAX by 4:00," Jordan tells everyone.  

Olivia is telling everyone good-bye as they all walk out the door getting on the airport's shuttle van.  Spencer is the last one to head out the door.  "Well, it's VEGAS TIME!" Olivia says.  "Yeah I guess it is. Olivia I wish..." Olivia cuts him off. "Spencer go and have fun!  Don't worry about me!  Remember I gave you orders.  Now do as I commanded." Olivia jokes with him.  "Aight". Spencer complies.  While grabbing his bag, Olivia pats him on the shoulder and whispers in his ear, "Spencer please have fun and be open to Layla."  She then kisses him on the cheek.  She opens the door and before he walks out.  He grabs her hand.  They both just stare at one another for a moment.  "Spencer! Hey man come on! "JJ yells out the shuttle van. "Spencer squeezes her hand and says, "Good-bye, Liv" as the door shuts and he walks getting on to the shuttle as it departs for the airport.