Sunday Dinner - Chapter 9

Olivia and Spencer are loading groceries into the car when they both get notifications on their phones:

Billy:  Hey guys!  Something came up and so I won't be able to do Sunday dinner.  But don't worry, I went by the house a little earlier and marinated some chops for the both you as well as hooked you both up with a batch of my special sauce.  The rest is on you.  

Spencer: No problem, Coach!  I am something like chef myself.

Olivia:  Dad is everything okay?

Billy:  Stick to football, son! LOL  Baby girl all is good.  I just forgot I agreed to a dinner tonight with some of the board members to discuss plans for Crenshaw. Everyone wants to get the meeting over with so they can enjoy their summer.  

Spencer: Coach you got this!

Olivia:  Well, at least it won't be as bad as the bougie Beverly boosters.

Billy:  Nah!  This is a different den of lions...LOL  Again, sorry guys!  Baby girl I will call you before I leave for the Malibu camp in the morning.

Olivia:  No problem dad...Love you!

Spencer:  Aight, Coach!

Coach:  Love the both of you! Don't screw up my sauce!

Spencer and Olivia laughing getting back in the car after loading the groceries.

"Well, I hope you are as good with dinner as you are with breakfast," Olivia says as she looks over to Spencer while driving. "I mean how hard can it be.  We just have to throw the chops on the grill and sauce up whatever else we want to grill.  So, I can handle the grilling and you can hook us up some side dishes," Spencer suggests.  "Ummmm, I guess.  I can hook up some potato salad and baked beans using my dad's sauce.  That's only because he showed me before," Olivia agrees.  This is going to be interesting Spencer says.

They are back home and while Olivia gets out to unlock the door to the house, Spencer starts to unload the groceries from the trunk.  Once they have unloaded and put away all the groceries. Spencer goes outside to get the grill going.  Olivia sees everything her dad left ready for them to finish.  Olivia is reaching for a bowl on the top shelf with the step ladder when she loses her balance.  "Whoooooa", she screams when Spencer catches her just in time.  "Nice try Liv, but you can't get your way out of doing these side dishes," he says teasing her.  "Whatever, Spencer! I was trying to get that blue bowl. So, if you don't mind can you get it for me?"  He pauses and gives her a look.  She realizes he is holding her bridal style and she has her arms around his neck. She realizes it and releases him and he puts her down and answers pointing, "They're all blue.  Which one?  Olivia says, "Well the small with work for just the two of us."  Spencer grabs the chops and marinates some wings.  Olivia finishes the potato salad and asks Spencer to put the beans with her dad's special sauce on the grill.  "Well we got a minute before the chops and wings are done".  Olivia notices that the pool has been cleaned and treated.  Spencer sees the look on her face. Olivia says, "You're thinking what I am thinking."  Spencer nods his head up and down with a smirk on his face

Olivia screams, "PERFECT!  Go wash up and ready for dinner.  Meet back down here in 30 minutes and dress for the occasion, "Olivia says.  They both head up stairs.  Olivia grab a few items and preps in her parent's Master downstairs.  

Thirty minutes later, Spencer is back down stairs and he goes to check on the food which is ready.  He is taking the food off the grill when his focus suddenly changes.  Olivia enters the patio area in a below the knee sarong covering the bottom portion of the backless black tankini swimsuit she is wearing underneath.  "I have a surprise for you," Olivia says.  She grabs a remote and suddenly a television is coming up from out of nowhere on the other side of the pool.

"What do you think?" she asks Spencer.  "Wait, how did I not know about the smart TV by the pool," Spencer asks.  "No one ever watches t.v. out here.  Everyone normally just kick by the pool, eat and chill.  So, since we both were down for Sunday Dinner pool party for two edition .  I figured why not throw a movie in too," Olivia explains.  " Aight, aight I am definitely down and I am going to allow you to pick the movie," Spencer laughs.  "I already have one in mind," Olivia replies.  She then gets the potato salad and grabs a couple of sodas. He sets the table.  They both dig in and Olivia takes a selfie of the both of them with sauce on their faces and texts it to her dad. 

After enjoying dinner, they clear the table off and Spencer volunteers to clean the few dishes while Olivia gets the movie ready.  A few minutes later, he walks out to the pool area and notices it is completely dark with the exception of the television and the lights in the pool.  He looks around and doesn't see Olivia.  As he turns back towards the inside of the house, he suddenly hears something by the pool.  Olivia comes up from under the water and says, "Are you coming in or not?"