A Love Like No Other - Chapter 24

Spencer wakes up and looks at his phone and it's only 11:00 p.m.  He looks down at Olivia and smiles. He can't believe that he is laying in bed with the girl he loves and has always loved.  She wakes and sees Spencer staring at her.  "Liv, you are extremely beautiful and don't know how much this moment and what we shared means to me," Spencer says to her.  "Spencer, I think I am still wrapping my head around it all," Olivia admits.  "What's there to wrap we both love each other and for the 1st time we both admitted it to one another.  I heard you when you didn't think I did.  The thing is Liv I know you loved me as a friend but after the shooting I knew from that point it was a different type of love.  A love that's always been there but I guess was never brought to surface level until the shooting.  For me laying in that hospital with you by my side, it made me realize that you're the one since day 1.  I kept playing in my head the sound of you crying out my name when I was rolled into the emergency room.  The way you held on to my hand until you weren't able to hold on to it any longer.  Then everything leading up to that night with the cotillion.  I knew how much the cotillion meant to you.  Though I was hoping that Asher would come through knowing how much you had put into, when he didn't show it was great knowing that I could be that one to carry you across the finish line of such an accomplishment."  

Olivia took in everything that Spencer openly admitted to her.  She grabbed the sheet off the bed and wrapped her self in it as she walked to the window looking at the view of the Vegas strip.  Spencer got up and before he could come closer.  She turned around with tears in her eyes.  "Spencer, you are the most selfless person I know.  You have always looked out for me.  From the very beginning, you were concerned about me.  It's your first day at Beverly, you know the new kid from Crenshaw, yet you wanted to know how I was doing after I confided to you about my stint in rehab.  No one and I mean NO ONE has ever asked me that simple question.  For me, it meant more than you will ever know.  I knew then you were someone special.  I felt we connected at that moment.  In some way, I feel that's the moment our bond was created.  You became my best friend, my go to, my shoulder to cry and lean on, my punching bag if I just needed a vent moment.  Even when I didn't ask for it, you always knew what to say or showed up at the right moment.  It didn't or ever had to be anything big.  Just you showing up and being there was enough.  You always took the time out to see if I was okay. I could be going upstairs and you headed down.  You always knew when something was bothering me or I was in deep thought about something.  With that my feelings just continued to grow for you and not so even in a romantic way.  It was just true genuine pure love that I have never felt being reciprocated back to me from anyone I dated or any of my friendships.  Sometimes, I wonder about my own parents.  I know they do but the action and showing it I don't always see or feel.  You came into my life Spencer and gave me that.  I never known or had that kind of  unconditional love in any relationship I've been in friends or romantic.   There are no conditions with you.  You accept me for me. Regardless of my past and even in my present, you yet accept and love me.  I will admit at first when you came to Beverly I took you pursuing Layla as a rejection. That's how I saw it my own eyes and feelings.  I thought I was okay but then the homecoming dance made me realize I didn't have my feelings in check as I thought.  Guess moving forward, I just suppressed my feelings and made sure everyone else was okay and happy.  Then the shooting and that was a total wake up call for me.  My feelings became harder to suppress and keep in so when the school year ended I honestly didn't know what I was going to do.  Then you show up again for me in perfect timing.  We kept one another company, going on adventures, watching movies and reality t.v. and just being you these past few weeks of summer.  So yes Spencer James, I love you.  I loved you since day one."  

Spencer gets close to her wrapping his arms around her waist.  "Oliv...", he says before she cuts him off.  "Spencer, thank you for giving me this moment for showing me how to love unconditionally with a pureness of heart," Olivia says.  With tears in his eyes he says, "Anytime, you always got me."  Olivia hugs him tightly and ask him to just snuggle with her in the bed if that's okay with him.  He responds, "Anything for you Liv." They both lay in the bed with him holding her tightly as they watch the opening credits of "Think Like a Man Too".  Almost two hours later, close to 1:00 a.m., he hears the sounds of Olivia's snores.  Spencer laughs to himself.  He covers them both with the blanket.  He kisses her on the forehead and falls to sleep soon after.  

Olivia gets up around 2:30 a.m. to use the bathroom.  She smiles as she watches Spencer sleeps.  She sits in the chaise chair stirring out the window when she realizes she left her phone downstairs.  She sees she has several missed calls and text messages.

Simone:  Hey Sis!  I just want to say thank you so much for coming through for Jordan and I on this evening.  I know how much he loves you and really wanted you to be there as well as Spencer.  I know you don't fully agree with us getting married but trust me when you feel and know the love we have.  All you can think of is being with that person and that person only for a lifetime.  Again, thank you! 

Jordan: You are my favorite twin sister...wait you're my only twin sister.  LOL  Thank you for this evening.  I love you!

Olivia replies to Jordan and Simone's text.  When she realizes she has missed text messages and phone calls from Asher and Layla.

Asher:  Hey Liv!  Just checking in with you.  I have called you a few times. Hope everything is okay.  Miss you!

Layla:  I wished you would have come to Vegas.  I feel like I am out here by myself while everyone is having the time of their lives.  Spencer seems off, preoccupied and definitely not interested in me.  Coop's concert is tomorrow and maybe he will be game to hang out afterwards. Well, let me not bore you with my issues. 

Olivia wanders off in deep thoughts....

The next morning, the sun is hitting Spencer's face and he wakes up.  He realizes Olivia is not laying next to him.   He goes downstairs and notices her bags are gone.  He takes his phone off the charger and calls her.  She doesn't answer.  He calls again and goes straight to voicemail.  He leaves her a message.  "Liv, what we shared is not a mistake but love. I am worth it. You are worth it. Together WE, OUR LOVE, is worth it.  Olivia please don't run."  

Spencer here's someone entering the suite and runs down the stairs knowing she would come back. He makes it downstairs and she says, "Good Morning, Spencer."  He replies back surprised, "Good Morning, Layla."

------------------------------------------------------THE END--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to read my 1st book.  This has been fun and interesting experience.  Didn't realize just how deep the SPELIVIA fans were when it came to the characters.  You guys don't play about Spencer James and Olivia Baker!  LOL  

I know many of you commented that you hoped my finale chapter ended better than the actual episode that aired.  Even though it was fun predicting what happened with Spencer and Olivia over the summer, I still wanted my book to end where you could easily go in to the 1st episode of Season 3.  I wanted it to make sense.  THIS book was simply a summer scenes filler. Just chapters of what could or may have happened over the summer that was not covered or even discussed thus far in Season 3.   So, Olivia was always going to leave Spencer in Vegas because that's what happened on the show.  Though we didn't find out until a few episodes into the season, it still happened.  I got a little creative and did have the both of them enjoy one another before she left unlike the actual episode.  

I do have some news.  I have been asked by one of the many talented writers on this site to collaborate with them on a few pieces in their new book.  To be asked was a shock for me but she has been one my many supporters and so of course I said yes.  I will let her give details and reveal in her own time.  Her support and many others are giving me second thoughts on letting this be my last book.  So, for anyone reading this if you got a story WRITE IT.  Your story is your story!  There's no right or wrong!  WRITE, HAVE FUN and STAY TEAM SPELIVIA (just kidding....I think)  Well, until next time...sooner than you think maybe....ENJOY THE SUMMER and STAY SAFE!  Oh and keep tuning in on The CW Monday nights.  😉😁