Phone Chat w/Kia - Chapter 8

Olivia wakes up hearing her phone ring

Olivia:  Hello

Kia: Are you sleep?!

Olivia:  Well, I was taking a nap.

Kia:  Oh my bad, girl!

Olivia:  You're good I need to head back home anyway. What's up?

Kia:  Just thought to see what you were up to and tell you I am mad that you are not going with us to Palm Springs for the Sole Muse retreat.  

Olivia: I tried to see if there was a way I could still go but it was too late. 

Kia:  Yeah, the deadline was the day after the shooting.  I know you were not in any head space to remember to submit your registration.  I turned mines in the night of the cotillion and I hate I didn't think to ask you if you submitted yours.  Ugh!

Olivia:  It's fine Kia.  You just have enough fun for the both of us and show those ladies how to rock white, be classy and to mind the business that pays them. (They both laugh) Seriously, I am sure you will be fine without me plus the itinerary for the week sounds like sooo much fun.  

Kia: Yeah, but they assigned me in the room with Ava.  AVA! Now I know we all about sisterhood and building one another but girl you know she be testing my inner Crenshaw. A whole week sharing a space with her.....girrrllll!

Olivia:  (burst out laughing)  Kia you got this!  Do it for the team!

Kia:  Uh-huh...the team.  But ummmm where are you?

Olivia:  Huh?

Kia:  You said you were just waking up from a nap and that you needed to head home.  

Olivia:  Oh, yeah I am at Spencer's.

Kia:  You are where?
Olivia: I am at Spencer's

Kia: Mmmm...finally

Olivia:  What?  Finally?

Kia:  Oh so, we doing that?

Olivia:  Doing what?

Kia:  Look this me and you should know by now I am going to keep it 100 with you.  Plus, I like you and you cool down to earth people.

Olivia:  Okkkk...but what are you talking about?

Kia:  Girl, Stevie Wonder can see it!

Olivia: Huh?

Kia:  You and Spencer (cough cough)

Olivia: Nooo Noooo

Kia:  You don't have to tell me but I am here for it.

Olivia: There is nothing to be here for Kia.  Spencer and I are....

Kia:  Yea, yea...FRIENDS!

Olivia:  Well we are and that's all.

Kia:  So, you just so happen to be napping at your friend's Spencer house on a Sunday afternoon. Okay, girl!

Olivia:  Well, no.  He went to Chris's to help him with something. So I decided to just take a nap until he gets back.  

Kia:  So, you went over to visit Spencer and he leaves to visit Chris and you stay to take a nap.  Am I missing something?

Olivia: Well, not exactly but yeah that's it pretty much.

Kia:  Okay

Olivia:  You sure?

Kia:  Yes and when you are ready to tell me the FULL STORY I know you will.  But for now, I will accept yall are just  friends and you just taking a nap at his house.

Olivia:  Oh, Kia!  

Kia: Love you too girl!

Olivia:  And strangely I love you too Kia!

Kia:  Of course, I am friend goals.  

(They both laugh)

Kia:  Seriously, we are leaving at 5:00 to check in for the week. Just wanted to check on you before I leave.  Keep your phone on stand by in case I need to come rescue me from Ava.  

Olivia:  I got you!  Have fun!

They both say goodbye and hang up.

Olivia hears the door open and sees Spencer walking in.

"Hey", say Olivia. Spencer replies back with "Hey".  "How is Chris and did you boys get your project done," Olivia says in a baby voice  "Yes, ma'am we certainly did.  Well, I actually did most of the work.  Chris will be out of town for three weeks with his mom visiting family.  So, his mom wanted those cabinets assembled and put up before they left...and his mom mean what she says."  Olivia laughs. "What about you?  Did you get a good nap in while I was gone," Spencer asked while plopping down on the couch.  Olivia closes the door he left open and walks back over to the couch standing saying, "The best to date," she answers.  "Well that's because of my special bed he says when he then grabs Olivia with his arms around her neck causing her to fall on the couch with him.   "Stop playing Spencer, you need a shower ASAP, Olivia says holding her nose.  "Girl you know this your favorite scent you like on me," Spencer says smelling under his arm pits.  "Spencer, you really do stink. You should take a shower NOW," Olivia urges him.  "I guess all that hard work left quite the aroma or lack there of maybe," Spencer jokes. "You think," replies Olivia pointing to the direction of the shower.  "Okay! Okay! I  know when my funk is not welcome or appreciated," says Spencer. 

Listen it's almost three and there's no food in the kitchen because I haven't bought all the items my mom asked me to restock on before she left.  Dad will be there around 5:00 to start prepping.  So, we should get going so that I can get groceries and have everything at my dad's disposal as mom do when he cooks Sunday dinner.  

Give me 30 minutes and we can go Spencer says.  He then leaves Olivia on the couch and head in his room to take shower and get ready.

Spencer is dressed and ready.  As he makes sure everything is good before leaving,  Olivia gets a notification.

Kia:  Still napping with Spencer...I mean at Spencer's.

Olivia: Will you stop it?! SMH

Kia: Well...are you?

Olivia:  We are leaving headed back to Beverly Hills now if you must know.

Kia:  Uh-huh...

Olivia:  Sunday dinner w/my dad.  Same dinner all year since he moved in beginning of school year.

Kia:  Awwww look at you trying to convince me.  

Olivia:  Kia go finish packing so you can enjoy Ava for the week.

Kia:  Petty is not a good look for you, Olivia.  Enjoy your Sunday dinner with Spencer your "great friend".

Olivia:  I can't with you!  Have fun and grab me info I can use for my podcast....oh and of course all freebies!  

Kia:  I got you, Spencer's BFF!

Olivia burst out laughing as she walks out the door with Spencer following her after locking up.

"What's so funny," he asks.  "Oh Kia, she was just letting me know that Sole Muse was headed to Palm Springs for the week and that she is going to miss and get me back for her being stuck in the room with Ava," Olivia covers from telling the whole truth.  He then gets a notification from his phone.  He reads the text so confused.  Olivia notices and asks him, "Is everything okay?" "Yeah but I think Kia texted me by mistake."  "Why do you think she texted you by mistake," Olivia is now curious. As they both get in the car Spencer buckles his seatbelt and says,  "Well she asking me if have been enjoying my naps a little better lately." 

Olivia whispers to herself, "I am going to kill her" as she pulls off headed back to Beverly Hills.