After Midnight Hang - Chapter 14

"So what do you have to say for yourself," Spencer says to Olivia laughing.  "Dude you can't be sneaking up on people in the middle of the night like that," Olivia says.  Spencer takes the spoon out of her mouth, jumps across the couch and dig into her tub of ice cream.  While placing a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth he replies, "Who's going to stop me?"  Olivia shakes her head and grabs her spoon back out of his mouth.  She pushes play to continue to watch the movie,  Spencer looks at her because he sees that something is off.  "What?!" Olivia asks.  "Don't do that! You know I can tell when something is bothering you or on your mind.  So, spill it, "Spencer says. Olivia continues watching the movie ignoring him.  Spencer takes the remote out of her hand.  "Ugh!  Spencer just let it go I am fine.  I just couldn't sleep and just decided to watch Girls Trip," Olivia says.  "Liv, you have watched that movie over 100 times, "Spencer reminds her.  "You are not going to let this go are you," she replies.  "Come on you know better than that," he nudges Olivia.  Spencer pauses the movie and asks her what is on her mind.  Olivia was just about to share how she is feeling when they hear a phone notification.  Olivia check hers and realizes it's not her phone.  They look around and see that it is coming from the kitchen.  "Wait, that's my phone.  I must have left it down here after we watched the fireworks by the pool," Spencer says.  "Well, aren't you going to see what it is," Olivia asks him.  Spencer grabs his phone off the kitchen counter and jumps back on the couch with Liv.  He checks the text message. 

Layla:  Spencer, I know that it is late but I can't really sleep. Plus Coop and Patience don't know what sleep means.  LOL  I'm so excited for all of you coming to Vegas in a few days.  Can't wait to see everyone...especially you.

"Is everything okay," Olivia ask.  "Ummm, yeah.  Layla just texted me, "Spencer answers.  "At 1:00 in the morning,"  Olivia smirks.  "No, it's not like that," Spencer replies.  "Well, what could she possibly be texting you at 1:00 in the morning," Olivia says.  "She says she can't sleep and that she is excited to see everyone especially me in Vegas, "Spencer tells her.  Olivia tells Spencer that it looks to her that Layla is letting it be known that wants him back . Spencer tells Olivia that he and Layla are not together and this trip is for fun only.  Plus he is not trying to jump in a relationship with her.  He's not sure if he wants to be.  "Spencer, you can say that but once you see her that can all change.  Plus, she has been waiting on you.  Trust me I know her and the moment she finally got herself together, you were next on her list," Olivia admits.  "Listen, I don't know about all that.  What I do know is that I want to enjoy Vegas.   After we finished watching the fireworks, I called my mom to ask her.  She wasn't too sure but she finally gave in so all I know is I want to relax and have fun in Vegas.  I am not trying to think about renewing a relationship with Layla," Spencer says to Olivia.  Olivia looks at him and says "if you say so".  "Listen, enough about all of that.  Let's get back to you.  Why are you down here having after midnight hangs without me,"  Spencer asks Olivia changing the subject.  

Knowing that she can't truly express how she feels knowing that Layla still has feelings for him.  Plus, technically she is still with Asher.  She simply responds, "I really just can't sleep and trying to convince myself why I should go to Vegas.  But honestly Spencer, there isn't a reason for me to go."  Spencer grabs her hand and says, "What does that suppose to mean?"  "I'm just saying I am not trying to be a third wheel on top of that the party pooper," Olivia says.  "Huh," Spencer says confused.  "Jordan & Simone, Coop & Patience, JJ & anyone he meets and then you & Lay---Spencer cuts her off.  "Liv, Layla and I are not together.  So, we are not going to be all up in each other's space like we are so you won't be a third wheel...TRUST ME," Spencer tries to reassure her.  "Then there's Asher and he's not there and so...Olivia says before Spencer cuts her off again.  "It seems to me you are coming up with excuses.  If you don't want to go I respect that.  I don't like it but I respect.  But don't let you being a third wheel or thinking it's going to be a coupled up type of thing be your real reason for not going.  Just think long and hard before you make your final decision.  Will you do that for me?" Spencer says to Olivia.  "I can do that," Olivia agrees.  Spencer grabs another spoon before sharing the blanket with Liv.  "But I thought I watched this movie too many times, Olivia says while Spencer presses play. "Yeah you have but there's no need for me to leave you down here with this good tub of ice cream by yourself.  What kind of after midnight hang partner would I be," Spencer teases her.  "Olivia smiles and lays her head on his lap while he covers her up as they finish watching Girl Trip. 

It's about 2:30 in the morning.  Spencer nudges Olivia and tells her they should go to bed.  Olivia gets up and straighten the couch area while Spencer grabs the empty tub of ice cream and spoons. They both walk up the stairs together.  As Spencer stops at his bedroom door he looks at Olivia.  He grabs her hands and pulls her close to him.  He gently pulls her face to him.  Olivia eyes open wide and that's when...