06 - one step closer,

hey icy gang 💙

"I promise I'm fine, I just need to get away for awhile. I'll check in every week, don't worry, okay?" Lotus leaned against the glass of the phone booth. She called her grandparents from a phone booth that was about thirty minutes from where she was staying.

They were relieved to know that she was alright, but questioned as to why she left Texas. She revealed to them that Reese in fact cheated on her but she didn't feel safe where she was. They had tried asking for her location but she told them that it was best if they didn't know, as she just wanted peace of mind for once.

It was becoming a little harder to lie to her grandparents about what was really going on, but she knew it would break their hearts if they found out what had been going on for the past three years. There had been too many times where her cover was almost blown, that it had her a little paranoid now whenever something tragic happened.

"Lotus just please be careful, okay? We can't anything else happening to you. Our doctor has been raising eyebrows as to why our blood pressure is always going up, which is none of his damn business but still." Gigi explained on the other end. Lotus muffled her laughter, running her tongue over her teeth.

"I understand Gigi, I'm sorry. I love you guys, give G'daddy my love. I'll talk to you guys soon," Lotus replied, checking the time on her watch.

"Love you too baby, talk to you later."

Lotus placed the phone back onto the hook and exited out of the phone booth, heading towards the car that she was using during her stay. She had to meet up with Pryce and Raya for a meeting. They wanted her to meet someone, she tried questioning them on the mystery person but they only told her that the person was someone who would teach her a few more skills.

She didn't bother protesting, because she did need all the help she could get. However, she wasn't trying to meet any new people, she was far too paranoid about someone else crossing her or out to get her.

Lotus slipped her Christian Dior shades over her eyes, before grabbing the burner phone from out of the cup holder. She went to the messages that she had with Raya, and pressed down on the address that she sent her earlier.

After she got the directions to the address, she pulled onto the road, the radio playing on a low volume. She didn't make it far down the road until she came to a red light. Deeply exhaling, she leaned back into the seat, glancing around at her surroundings.

She glanced to the left of her, seeing a familiar car. She squinted her eyes, leaning up a little, seeing Gotti and Tiny sitting in the front seats of the car. She could notice the annoyed expression on Tiny's face, as Gotti seemed to be upset about something from the hand gestures he was making.

Lotus swiftly reached for her gun, leaning back in the chair again to cover her face. She stared straight ahead, contemplating if she wanted to take the risk of taking them out while she had the chance.

Deeply sighing, she let go of the grip she had on her gun,"Eh, it's not time yet, they look miserable enough already." she half shrugged, lightly laughing to herself. "Why the fuck this light so long?" she cursed, leaning her head on her hand as her arm rested near the window.

She watched the turning light switch to green, before seeing Gotti's car pull off in the turning lane. She let go of a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, relieved that her cover hadn't been blown—despite how bad she wanted to shoot them both.

Within the next half hour, Lotus finally arrived at the her destination. She was a little skeptic, considering that the address Raya sent her was deep in the hicks. Although she didn't have much of an issue with white people, she couldn't stand being in that part of town. There was rarely service, and the houses were too far apart for her liking.