18 - framed,

hi icy gang.

so let me just say that, I was kind of disappointed with y'all answers last chapter. 😐 The correct answer was her SHADES. I only mentioned the necklace once and that was in chapter twenty-seven of the first book.

I never mentioned the necklace again, because Lotus doesn't wear it as much.

If you noticed, in almost EVERY chapter, Lotus is always wearing her shades, sis doesn't leave the house without them. It was literally the first sentence of the beginning of last chapter.

Now on to the winner(s), shoutout to FATBABYx 😊 my girl guessed it correctly, and when I messaged her she was pretty chill. Congratulations again mamas! Thanks for being apart of icy gang! 💙

Last but not least, so my lovebug dinadeenz, guessed it correctly as well but she didn't comment, we were texting and she guessed it, HOWEVER, she didn't want to comment and say the answer because well, hence, we're friends and she felt it wouldn't be fair so she wanted to drop a hint instead.

Dina, thank you for always being there for me when I don't even have to ask, for your support and the love you show each and every day! You're one of the most genuine people I have met, and of course one of the funniest. Our conversations never fail to put a smile on my face at least once. Continue being the beautiful soul that you are. 💕 y'all go follow my girl.

Shoutout to anyone else got also guessed the correct answer. The next question will be at the bottom of the chapter, and trust, this one is easy.

Now, onto the chapter.

A week ago

A week ago...

Mid sat in the chair in the interrogation room, leaning his head back on the wall as he rested his eyes. He had been attempting to count backwards from a hundred for the past fifteen minutes to calm himself. However, each time, he could only make it up until eighty before he felt the anger rushing back to him, making him start all over again.

It was one thing for the mother of his daughter to be murdered, but to now be accused and framed for it, left him with murderous thoughts that he would for sure catch murder charges for.

They had treated him and stormed his home as if he had called in a terrorist threat to the city. To see and hear as they tore his place apart, roughly manhandling Lotus as she continuously told them that he was innocent and they were making a mistake.

Mid hadn't been arrested since his late teens and being in the county jail made him extremely uncomfortable, given the countless situations that happened to his people and had been swept under the rug.