08 - we meet again,

hi icy gang 🥰

Lotus slammed the front door, making sure to lock it behind her. The whole ride home, she sat in complete silence, pondering in her thoughts about what had happened.

If Mid hadn't put the hit out on her, then who did?

She was for certain that it was Mid, given that he had a motive. The fact that he told her it would be better for the world if she were dead, still made her think he was plotting on getting his revenge somehow—even if it wasn't by physically harming her.

The thought of that alone, was enough to put her on edge and it made it no better that she had assaulted him—again. He could've ended her life right then and there if he wanted to, especially since his child was in the house.

Even when she inflicted pain onto him, he still couldn't bring himself to hurt her, despite how much she deserved it.

She walked into the living room, where Raya and Pryce were eating popcorn, watching a movie with Prince resting in Pryce's lap. Since moving back to Florida, and getting acquainted with Pryce, Prince seemed to take a liking to him—probably only because Pryce treated him like his own dog and was always feeding him.

"Did you do it?" They both asked her casually, watching her plop down on the other sofa.

She shook her head, Pryce jerked his head back and sat up, pausing the movie. "And why the hell not?" he fussed, raising an eyebrow as Raya did the same, sitting the bowl of popcorn onto the table.

"He didn't do it," Lotus muttered, the same expression of confusion still on her face. Both Raya and Pryce exchanged glances, with their eyebrows furrowed.

"So what? He tells you that he didn't do it and you believed him? What the fuck?"

"He didn't even know I was staying in Texas—when I told him that he tried to kill me, he asked me if that was the reason why I set his shop fire. He wasn't lying guys, he didn't do it. I looked him in the eye, I can tell he was being genuine." Lotus said, shaking her head as she finally looked at them with a serious face.

"Wait so," Raya threw up her hands, closing her eyes. "Someone burned his shop down? And he thought you did it?" she questioned, trying to put all of the pieces together.

"Yeah,"

"Okay so if he didn't try to kill you, then we need to figure out who did—and that means that list of enemies just got a whole lot longer." Pryce deeply sighed, leaning forward to grab his drink from off of the table.

"I'm sorry..." Lotus trailed off, feeling a little bad that she got them involved in the first place.

"For what?"

"We went through all of this and he didn't even do it—"

"Don't do that," Raya interrupted her, shaking her index finger at her. "This wasn't all for nothing, you got your answers. We just need to look in a new direction,"

Lotus let go of a deep breath, cupping the top of her face before running her hands through her short hair. She got up from the sofa and walked out of the living room, feeling as her heartbeat sped up from being overwhelmed.

She needed answers. There was no way she was able to sit down and discuss what had happened with Mid after she practically beat him up. She knew he was pissed but also confused and probably wanted answers as well.

The fact that they were both being targeted meant that it was a common enemy from their past. She was still on the fence about Reese, she needed to dig into his life while he was under the radar. Whether he was alive or not, she needed to know what other possible skeletons were hiding in his closet.