12 - can't let go,

6k words later...

hey icy gang 💕

take breaks in between if you got to, lol.

The following day, the gang linked up once again, after 'P' sent the details of their next mission. Ranita got intel on the guy, and wanted to brief the team on what they were up against. Their plan for when they went to Daytona, was to kidnap the guy and make him give them the package—a package that is supposedly for 'P' himself. They had high hopes that they could catch him, and put an end to the whole ordeal, right along with Reese's life.

When Raya returned to Mid's house last night after her little meet-up, she immediately noticed the weird vibe that Lotus gave off. She interrogated her until she finally caved and told her what happened, she teased Lotus, telling her that she knew that it would happen sooner or later. The pair indeed had sexual tension between them that everyone else could feel it.

She warned Lotus however, to be cautious of Capri. She didn't know the girl that well, but she felt that she would try to do anything spiteful to get back at Lotus or Mid, it was clear as day that she was jealous of the bond that the pair had—even if they did hate each other at one point. Lotus assured her that she was already wary of her and dared Capri to try her.

Lotus walked into the conference room behind Raya and Pryce, fanning herself with one hand as the other held a smoothie the trio stopped to get from smoothie king. Mid and the rest were already waiting, talking amongst themselves.

Lotus approached the front of the room and sat down in the chair that was on the side of the room, giving her a clear view of the entire room. "Damn I was hoping to walk in this bitch and cool off, why is it hot in here? Why the hell it feel like outside? Turn the A/C on in this bitch." she complained, adjusting the shades on her face.

"No, stay hot." Pryce joked, grinning. She sucked her teeth and took one of her crocs off, throwing it at him. He caught it and started waving it around. "You ain't getting it back until we leave,"

"Gimme my shoe, before I shoot yo' light bright ass," she warned him, standing up, hopping on one foot. Pryce passed her shoe back over to her, she bucked at him as he flinched, playfully shoving her away.

"Double cheeked up on this Thursday afternoon," Raya smirked, watching her bend over to adjust her shoe. Lotus glanced behind her and blushed, catching onto what she was doing. "Ranita! Can you turn the A/C on before you come in here!" Raya yelled loud enough for her to hear.

"Babe, can you turn the air on?" Ranita paused in the doorway, looking over her shoulder at Beck. He nodded his head and turned around walking back down the hallway. "Phew, it's hot as hell today," she carried her laptop and a few other things in her hand, Santos stood up and helped her. "Thank you,"

"Okay, so I'm going to breeze through this because I have a client coming by within thirty minutes." Ranita said, turning on her laptop, and hooking it up to the cord to the projector. A few pictures of an older white guy, with a huge scar across his eyebrow. "Alright, this is who you'll be grabbing up, he goes by Jimmy, has lived in Daytona his whole life. He's ran into trouble wit' the law a few times in his earlier days for petty crimes until he moved onto the big, hardcore stuff, he's been in trouble once since then but the few witnesses that testified against him, recanted their statements so the charges against him had to be dropped."

"They've been tryin' to get him for the longest, but no one wants to talk. They've tried to infiltrate his operation but the man is just too smart. He runs wit' a few other guys—these," Ranita paused, a few more photos popping up on the screen. She gestured her hand around the photos. "Are the guys you need to be watching for. According to the files, they tend to blend in wit' the crowd, watching from a distance whenever there is a meeting taking place. They do not hesitate to kill, so you will be need to be alert at all times and try not to make the wrong move." she further explained, slowly pacing back and forth.