07 - deceived emotions,

hi icy gang 💙

Mid sat at the table with his head buried in his hands. Since the previous night, he had been completely stressed out. He wanted nothing more than the nightmare to be over with, however, the police was only getting started with their investigation.

Since the message was left on the glass, they believed that it was arson and Mid's shop was targeted. They asked if he had any suspects in mind or enemies.

Though he had Lotus in mind, he kept quiet. The message that was given off was clear as day to him. He wanted to handle that situation himself, it was time to put the revenge cycle to rest once and for all.

"I'm sorry Tedric," Minnie rested her chin on his shoulder, rubbing his arms in a consoling manner. "I know it won't make you feel better, but it's good that you have insurance. They'll be able to cover this,"

Mid ran his hands down his face, deeply sighing. "If it's not one thing, it's another bro, like what did I do to deserve this shit? Everything been going smoothly," he stressed, shaking his head, getting up from his seat.

"I know and you'll bounce back from this," Clarence firmly placed his hand on his other shoulder, giving it a light shake. "Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this."

"I need some air," he blew out a breath of frustration, walking away from the table. He walked out of the police station, and walked around the side of the building, taking a seat on the bench.

He glided his fingers through his beard, before sitting back, resting both of his arms on top of the bench. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he ignored it, not wanting to be bothered at the moment. His phone had been going off all morning into the afternoon, after people found out that his shop burned down. He was beyond irritated to speak with anyone, hearing the same phrase 'I'm sorry about your shop' being repeated to him over and over again.

The same anger that he felt the day that Lotus told him she tried to have him killed, was the same anger that was seeping through his veins as of right now.

Mid sucked his teeth and reached into his pocket to pull out his phone that was ringing once again. He glanced at the screen, seeing that Koi was calling. "Yeah Koi?" he answered with an annoyed tone.

"Hey, I'm sorry about bothering you. I got called in for a job later on, do you mind getting Milly for tonight? I would've dropped her off at my moms but I figured you could use a li'l cheering up," Koi explained. Mid remained quiet, his eyes darting around at nothing in particular. "Hello?" Koi spoke, looking at the phone to check if he was still there.

"Yea' I'm here, I'll come by and get her. What time you want me to come by?" Mid questioned her, dusting off his pants.

"About six,"

"A'ight," Mid said, glancing at his phone again, noticing that Capri sent him a text. "I'll see you later," he told Koi before hanging up, as he got up from the bench and walked back inside.

He approached his parents that were still waiting at the table. "I gotta go, Capri just texted me." he informed them, they both nodded their heads in understanding as Minnie stood up and brought him into an embrace. He did the same with Clarence before leaving out of the building once again.

Mid got into his car and got onto the road, putting the address into the meetup location. After the fire, Mid reached out to Capri so that she was able to get the surveillance footage from the street or any or shops.

When Mid first opened his shop, the thought of installing security cameras did cross his mind, however, he figured since the area he chose was highly populated and bustling at all times of the day, he wouldn't need it.