13 - daytona,

hi icy gang..sorry for the day late update. 😬

Lotus deeply exhaled and slid her phone down on the table in front of her. She sat back in the seat, and glanced over at Mid who sat next to her drawing in a sketchbook as he whistled the tune from 'Kill Bill'.

She leaned up, wrapping one arm around his and rested her head on his shoulder, continuing to watch him. "Bored?" he stopped whistling, shading in his sketch with the pencil.

"As hell," she said. It was currently early in the morning, and the gang were on the private jet loaned by one of Clarence's close friends, heading to Daytona for the weekend.

Throughout the week, Clarence got in contact with a few of his closest friends and explained what had been going on. Without hesitation, his friends agreed to tag along to Daytona, as they did look at Mid as their nephew and hated that he had been dragged into an old beef that was solely between them.

"Take a nap," he suggested, sitting the pencil down, and grabbing the half empty water bottle to drink from.

Lotus hummed, tilting her head upwards, her chin now resting his shoulder as she looked at the side of his face, admiring his features. "You have nice skin," she complimented.

She watched as he smiled, going back to shading in his drawing. "Thank you," he replied.

"What do you use on your face?"

"Water and soap," he slightly laughed. "And I use cocoa butter to moisturize my face."

Lotus sucked her teeth and sat back in the chair, "I don't get it, niggas do the bare minimum when it comes to skin care, and still have clear skin. I have a whole routine and I still breakout from time to time," she scoffed, looking at Raya from across the table.

"Girl not only that, but they have the audacity to come out the womb with mink lashes on," Raya rolled her eyes, grabbing a handful of roasted peanuts before popping them in her mouth.

"Exactly, meanwhile we gotta work to get all that. I don't get it,"

"And let's not even talk about the fact that some women get bad acne before or during their periods." Minnie chimed in, from the chair across the aisle from them.

"Right!" Raya agreed, pointing her finger at her.

"Men live some easy lives," Lotus mumbled to herself, shaking her head.

"No we don't," Pryce chuckled. She shot him a look, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes y'all do, y'all wouldn't last a day in women's shoes. From having periods, giving birth, to being sexually harassed by y'all on top of that. Y'all have very easy lives." Lotus argued, resting her arms on the armrest, she heard as the girls agreed with her from their seats.

"See, why you gotta go there?" Pryce gave her a straight face, gesturing his hand towards her.

"Because you opened your mouth?" Raya added her input, glancing over at him, holding her hand out in a confused gesture.

"Because she said that men have easy lives, and I disagree wit' her. Black men don't live easy lives,"

"Who said anything about race, Austin?" Lotus asked him, "I'm speaking gender wise, not racially. If we were talkin' racially, then yes, black men don't have easy lives, but y'all don't have it harder than black women."

"I don't know about all that," Pryce shook his head, closing the manila folder.

"Let me guess, being killed by the police, right?" Lotus raised an eyebrow, aware of where he was trying to go in the conversation.