CHAPTER 7

"Oh, look. Someone finally remembered the way home." Doyoung's voice immediately boomed the moment she walked past the front hallway and onto the living area.

"I'm exhausted; don't talk to me."

"Should I be concerned?"

Instead, Aerin just huffed and rolled her eyes, slumping on the other side of the sofa like the older male had some virus or something.

"Aerin, dear! I thought you wouldn't come." Hyunbin beamed after he saw the siblings.

"Hey dad, your daughter's been a brat lately," Doyoung said while facing him with a tight smile.

Aerin scoffed. "Surprise, surprise! Wonder who I got it from?" she retorted, narrowing her gaze to the still smiling male.

"I didn't excuse you two from your dorm masters to start a kid fight." Hyunbin sighed and settled on the couch in front of them. "So, how's your seasonal class?"

"Very disturbing." Aerin immediately answered, "I really don't get why and how those... creatures always emit that aura, you know?"

"Ya, even their professor Lee is friendly!" Doyoung remarked.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" she warned. "Anyways, dad, let me step down from the council, please."

"You always say that every year," Doyoung mumbled, clearly unheard by anyone.

"The more I'm gaining the public's attention, the more my blood pressure's getting higher," Aerin exclaimed, and the older male snorted with her choice of words.

Yet Hyunbin honestly and immediately rejected that proposal—like every year.

"Actually, I did call you two here to tell you that me and Minister Jung filed a new contract to house the new batch only until the end of the fall season."

Both Doyoung and Aerin's eyes widened; their unsaid yet obvious reactions to this unexpected news have been unitedly shown.

"Dad, we haven't done anything like this," she nervously chuckled.

"Actually, our family did. Yet you two are still not born, but yeah, your grandfather did house three consecutive batches."

"Yeah, but... years passed by, and... why now? I mean, I'm willing to house those who are really in need if I can, but... they are..." Doyoung gulped and cautiously continued, "They aren't just an elite group, dad; they are vampires."

"Yeah, and?"

"You trust too much, dad," Aerin groaned.

"Dear, it's not like you're going to sleep in the same room?"

"Yeah, okay, you get to let them stay in here, but I'm out. Okay? I got dorms." Doyoung raised his hands in surrender and looked at the girl.

"Yeah, I hate to stand with Doyoung, but I'm out too."

Hyunbin just sighed and nodded in defeat. "No pressure. But! if I'll call you two here, respond, understood?"