CHAPTER 18

Renjun didn't know why he showed up at the back of the Tantiana Dorm Building. It was split into two groups: boys and girls. Multiple dorm masters resided in each, responsible for guarding and checking every hall and corner there is every night.

Renjun never thought he would spend his teleportation ability on this. At first, he was just curious. That day, when they were still staying in these dorms, at 3 a.m., he got hungry and spotted two figures on the roof.

Bloodshot eyes, hands clamming to rip every single soul they'll see. He saw how one of them jumped over and flew with stability, playing with gravity as he peeked through a window, which Renjun assumed to be open.

It was out of his life, and honestly, he didn't care. The vampire just went on his way, disappearing and appearing everywhere, until two certain names passed by his hearing.

Jaemin. Aerin.

The names bugged him for awhile. The whole building space is just lighted with several pole lights, and Renjun cursed his bad eyesight to differentiate who Jaemin was in those two.

So out of strong curiosity, he showed up, creeping to one of the corners, and saw a figure with sharp and buff features on the window.

Jeno

It's Lee Jeno on the window and Na Jaemin on the roof. So it was Aerin's room, and Renjun felt a confidence spark in him.

He took advantage of his ability and teleported inside the girl's room, making Jeno growl. The cocky vampire just let out a cunning smile, eyes doubling the other's full red, glowing in hunger.

It's just a matter of time when Jaemin smelt another scent of human from afar, dragging Jeno away and leaving Renjun wondering what the fuck is he doing.

Though that time is still fresh in Renjun's mind, That situation just looped on him until today. They almost kissed, and he quickly disappeared when the doorknob rattled.

It was a very, very weird feeling. He didn't know what it was, as it was his first time feeling tingly inside his stomach. And for the first time, he blamed the fact that his heart wasn't functioning.

Because when he swore that if Aerin's heart thumped fast earlier, would it be the same for him too? Does the beating of the heart signify anything?

"You really know how to test my patience."

Renjun halted and turned back with a glare, his eyes narrowing in deep anger as his canines grew sharper.

"Leave. I got her first."

The other just chuckled, stepping towards the already dissatisfied vampire.

"I never stepped out of the game, Huang Renjun."

"So do I, Lee Jeno."

▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣

"Be sure to finish your project prototype before Sports Week. Finalize your systems and be ready for your final defense after the event, clear?"

"Yes sir!"

"Alright, project managers, lead your group well."