CHAPTER 25

Renjun spent his first week of December as productive as possible, trying hard to cope with the hardass lessons, problematic math equations, and unlimited art projects. It was slowly freezing cold; the streets already had a small pile of snow, yet the campus is still like a living hell.

The vampire once judged the humans about dying from all schoolwork, but now that he understands, it's not very funny—very, very not funny.

"Ren–"

"Not now, Donghyuck," he cuts off, shooing the newcomer, who just gasped in mock offense.

"Are you really ignoring me now? Now that you got Aerin, you don't need me now? Huang Renjun neomuhae!" he nagged with a cute tone, lips puckering and hands settling on his hips.

Renjun groaned as he looked at the sulky vampire with a disgusting expression, his brows furrowed in annoyance.

Donghyuck ended his act while slumping on the comfortable seat in front of him, cheeks landing on his propped hands.

"When are you going to finish?"

"I don't know," Renjun mumbled while solving a math problem on his paper.

"Can I possibly help?"

"I don't know."

"Will you let me look?"

"No"

"Where's Aerin?"

"In my heart"

Donghyuck huffed, "Should I go?"

"I don't know."

"Bring Aerin?"

"Gladly"

"Ya, you're making me mad!"

"Minimize your voices inside the library, please."

Both vampires sent an apologetic look to the librarian, then Renjun snapped at the other with a warning glare, while Donghyuck just did a zipping gesture on his lips.

It went on for hours. Donghyuck did excuse himself out to drag Mark to the canteen, then came back an hour later just to see his friend still sticking his nose on a book.

Actually, Renjun wasn't a good student before and was never the teachers' favorite. He would cause troubles here and there, be a regular in the detention room, and have his name listed in suspension several times.

Renjun simply doesn't care, and that's what his friends are used to when it comes to knowing him. Renjun never made an effort to please anyone or swore that he'd do one in the future.

But this time, it's very different.

He does well in class; he tops in two subjects. Many of his artworks are displayed in Tantiana's gallery, and his name is everywhere on them. He now helps Chenle and Jisung make up when they argue over the littlest things. He's now talking back when a vampire says something that triggers his blood pressure, and he stands by what's right.

It isn't the Huang Renjun whom he grew up with anymore. It's like a lost angelic soul has taken over his evil body.

"Renjun, it's three hours."

"A little more"

"Renjuuuuun," Donghyuck whined, "I promised your mother to go home with you. I'm staying at yours tonight, right? Please, I don't want to go back to mine."