CHAPTER 14

The day is actually not very tiring. It was rather peaceful and quiet, yet still eventful for the vampire that's lying flat on the bed.

His eyes were glued to the plain peach ceiling, lights dim orange, as the air swarming around was in high condition.

The room is occupied with two others—Chenle and Jisung—for whom the older chose the top bunk as they both happily settled on the bunk bed, offering the oldest the single bed.

Renjun was, of course, thankful that the hyperactive duo was considerate enough to think about the one who raised them ever since he let them out of the orphanage.

But maybe they are not too considerate to minimize their bickering noises. Yet behind all of that, here's Renjun in his own world—the duo is actually weirded out by the fact that he didn't snap at them for being loud.

"Renjun-hyung," Jisung called, able to notice the older man's silence. "Why are you spacing out?"

"Hm?" the said vampire threw a quizzical look. "I'm perfectly normal."

"Mm, nah, you didn't scold us. Look, we scattered the toys on the floor again," Chenle replied unbothered, seeming proud of showing the mess they created while the oldest was out on earth.

Renjun finally saw it—blocks, dominoes, puzzle pieces, Lego parts. His brows furrowed and he squinted at the duo, with them showing a sheepish smile.

Yet it seemed like his blood pressure was tired of settling high; the vampire just ended the topic with a hum and went back, staring at the ceiling.

That made the duo share a look, then they also looked at the ceiling with much confusion, attempting to comprehend anything.

"Do you see something, Le?"

"Mm, no. Maybe Renjun-hyung can see things we don't."

"You young souls, have you seen the sunset?" Renjun suddenly voiced out, startling the two.

"Uhh no? Kunhang-hyung said I could go blind with the amount of light," Jisung innocently answered.

"Ya! Did you seriously believe him!? You poor soul, tsk tsk tsk," Chenle shook his head. "Of course! It was pretty, isn't it? The colors shifted like abstract."

"You saw it? Chenle, you betrayer!"

"It ain't my fault!"

Renjun just rolled his eyes and sat up, reaching for his phone as he set his senses straight and calm so he wouldn't be bothered by the ongoing kid fight.

Scrolling through his messages with his 5th SIM card, he delightedly pressed the female human's contact as his fingers worked on the keys.

Aerin

Hey let's see the sunset again

▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-

Aerin, together with the rest of the council officers, proceeds to re-check the club lists and their ongoing records, submitting reports to Mr. Nakamoto as the starting point of Club Week for the second week of November.

September rolled by, but the autumn season is still at work, covering the streets with golden leaves and crisp, cool air.

The first week of November came, and the celebration of Halloween spooked the whole campus as a batch of vampires pranked everyone as they showed up in their true forms.

Scarlet eyes, growing canines, sharp nails, and black veins crawling on their necks. It was memorable also; they can't count how many students cried and begged for their lives to be spared.

All in all, it was quite eventful, and gladly, no one left the university with a punctured skin.

Wiping her sweat with the back of her hand, a black handkerchief suddenly showed up in front of her.

I looked up at the sight of Jeno, greeting him with his usual crescent eyes and warm approach.

"You worked well; take a break," he said, gently tapping the cloth against her forehead.

"Jeno, I can"

"Oh, please, your arms are even too tired to function."

It was an undeniable fact, though; she was carrying a lot of boxes of papers here and there, writing and signing documents for authentication. Even her voice got quite raspy and tight for all the talking she had done.

When the vampire did take the liberty of wiping the sweat all over her face, Aerin noticed how he hardly gulped when he trailed down on her neck.

His eyes were glued, dark, and not budging as he stared deep into them. She wondered if he's attempting to see if there are droplets flowing or for any other reason.

Nevertheless, it was quite uncomfortable for a human like her. Aerin cannot help but think about Jeno planning to bite her.

"Hey, I got it." She forced a chuckle and grabbed the handkerchief, wiping the glistening sweat off her skin.

Jeno snapped back with it, shutting his eyes tight for a second before looking at her back in the eye with a small smile.

"Make sure to take breaks and eat. Also, you don't have to return it."

"I could just wash this, but... if you say so."

"No, it's fine, really."

The bell rang in cue, and the vampire sent a wide smile and walked to his next class.

"Sweetheart almost being a recess meal"

Aerin huffed and turned in the direction. "Since you're literally creeping everywhere around me, why does Jeno look at my neck like that?"

"Hmmm," Renjun puckered his lips in thought. "Two things. It has dirt or your blood."

Aerin's hand scrambled to pull her phone out of her pocket, but before she could raise it, she could see her reflection.

"It doesn't have any dirt, so it's the second one."

"You're seriously no fun" but the vampire was gone, leaving the girl in disbelief.

Jeno's been nice to me... But why do Renjun's warnings seem clearer now?