CHAPTER 10

"Don't trust Jeno, hah," Aerin mocked, trying to make her voice as low and full as possible, like the vampire. "Who is he to tell me who and not to trust? He's not the boss of me."

"Are you okay?"

"Holy pearl," she leaped by the sudden voice, turning back to see such lovely eyesmiles.

Who can't trust this cutie?

Aerin cleared her throat and flashed a friendly smile, then raised her hand up for a small wave. "Yeah, hi Jeno."

"Hi," Jeno replied with his still crescent eyes. "Oh, I just heard you mumbling right there. Is someone pushing the vice's patience again?"

"Ahh, no. Actually, there's someone." she awkwardly chuckled. "But nah, I can handle it. What about you? Heading to class?"

"Actually, yeah, but I saw you grumpily striding across the hallway, so I decided to check on you here."

"Ah, hehe, you don't have to," she chewed on her lower lip to stop her from smiling like a creep and not embarrass herself.

"Well, I should rush back there. But hey, are you free this afternoon?"

"Ahhh..." Aerin's brows knit for a moment, trying to remember her schedules. "Yeah, I guess?"

"Really? 'Cause that'll be great. Jaemin and the guys can't be with me today, so I'm thinking of bringing you instead."

Oh, dang, is he asking me for a date?

"Uhh, where to?"

"To this café I once told you about? We had this rule thingy to not roam around alone, so...maybe I'm guessing it'll be okay since you're the Vice President or something?"

"In short, you don't have someone to accompany you, yeah?"

Jeno shyly nodded, making the girl coo, and of course, couldn't find the reason to say no. Like, what's the harm?

"Then I'll be happy to be your company."

"Really!? Yes, yes! I'll be sure to message you, okay? Oh, I'll type in my name."

"Good memory," Aerin replied, and that's when the first bell blared like a cue.

"I'll go then. I hope to see you again this lunch; if not, then.. I'll see you at the Students Lounge."

"Sure, Jeno. Go on before I'll pull you back into detention."

"You won't do that," he winked and jogged away.

Aerin just huffed and trailed her eyes on the vampire's back until he was out of sight.

"I'm telling you."

And that voice again.

Aerin shut her eyes for a second before turning on her heel to face another vampire.

"What is it to you, Renjun? Are you my guardian or something?" she snapped.

"I'll take my chances. Baby, I can't date you if you're gone," he replied with a smug smile.