Heart of glass

As I poured my bowl of cereal I thought about today's plans.

It was the day of the mission and I was not in the slightest exited. Adding to my list of problems, my twin sister Venessa was going to be in Hollywood the exact same time as me. Coincidence? I think not. I haven't spoken to her ever since she betrayed my family and joined the French.

Venessa has always been the golden child. The one who got everything at any time. As for me, my mom nor my dad ever dared to pay attention to me. She has always tried to ruin my reputation but I never let that happen and I never will.

Her and I never got along. The only time she ever cared about me was when she was forced to. We might be twins but we aren't completely the same. Our faces are highly similar except you can see the plastic that's plastered on hers.

Most people can tell us apart but not many. Our parents used to dress us the same so it looked like my mother had the "perfect twins" I hated it.

Flashback

"Mommy I don't like pink" I pouted. "Delilah Ross you are going to wear this weather you like it or not, so deal with it" my mother spat. "Mommy look at me!" "Oh darling you look wonderful!" My mother said as she walked over to Vanessa and held her in her arms

I felt the tears form in my eyes as I watched my sister get all the attention. "Joseph come see Our precious little angel!" My mother shouted. Soon enough my dad came rushing up the stairs to see his "precious little angel"

"Oh, honey you look wonderful!!" He shouted, not even daring to send a look my way. "What about me daddy?" I whispered. He looked over and gave me a quick smile, then turned his attention back to Venessa. That's when my anger started to build through the years. Up until now, ongoing.

End of flash back

"Got enough cereal?" A voice said behind me. I quickly swung myself around and punched him in the nose. "Merda!" He shouted. Blood was spilling from his nose as he gripped the counter for support. " Cazzo, che diavolo Landon!" I yelled.
(Translation: "fuck, what the hell Landon!"

He groaned and finally got up with a paper towel and ice on his nose. "Remind me never to bug you in the morning" he mumbled. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize how much cereal I had actually poured. The bowl was overflowing.

I sighed and walked out of the kitchen not even bothering to clean up the mess. We have maids for a reason. As I was about to walk upstairs, Tessa stopped and informed me that Vincent wanted to see me in his office.

"He says it's important" she says while typing something on her phone. "Got it" I turned around and walked down the hallway as one of the men passed me and slammed me against the wall. I didn't want to deal with his bullshit so, I kneed him in the stomach and he held it and groaned in pain.

"Fuck off!" I yelled slapping him across the face repeatedly. When he finally laid defeated on the floor, I walked into Vincent's office and sat down in one of the chairs. "What was all that noise?" He asked.

"Me slapping the shit out of a horny man" I replied blankly, slumping in my seat. He seemed amused as his dark blue eyes pierced into mine. "So. Tess says you have something important to talk to me about" I stated.

He nodded his head and started talking. "When you go to Hollywood with Tessa, I will be going with you"  "I thought me and Tessa were the only ones going?" I asked.  "Well you were but I was just now informed about the party Elijah was throwing, so I figured I would go with you to get my money after he tells you where it is."

Elijah was the leader of the French and he's one of our biggest enemies. He's owed money to us for over 3 month now. It's time we took control.

"Okay..anything else?" I asked. "Oh, you will be dancing with me at the party posing as my date" he said seriously. My face changed from blank to utterly confused. "Your date?" I asked.

"Don't overthink it principessa"  he said. "It's just all part of the plan"