Worst surprise

A soft snore interrupted my sleeping getaway when I looked up and saw Vince still asleep with his hand in my hair. I smiled softly and tried to get out of his grasp, but his hold on my waist only got tighter.

I sighed and just decided to lay back down and wait for him to get up. The storm was over now and I'm thankful that Vincent knew how to calm my nerves. He is alway so serious and demanding so i don't understand why he was so nice to me last night.

Today was the day we were going back to Italy and I was still not happy about it. I would very much rather stay here in LA than go back to the place that made up my fears, but honestly I really shouldn't be complaining considering I could be at my old house back with my ungrateful ass family.

A groan from Vince brought me back to reality as he looked down at me on his chest. "Good morning sunshine" I spoke. He rolled his eyes playfully and pushed me off of him. I drowned myself in blankets, not wanting my skin to hit the cold air yet.

"C'mon princess we have a flight to catch" he said ripping the blankets out of my grasp. Goosebumps flooded my body as Vincent grabbed my leg, dragging me out of bed. Literally.

"Vincent I fucking swear" I yelled pinching his ear. "Ah, fuck!" He groaned after letting go of my ankle. "Landon was right when he said not to mess with you in the morning" he mumbled under his breath, walking to the bathroom.

******

After gathering my things, Vincent and I made our way to the jet parked near the hotel. The man at the door took our luggage as me and Vince boarded our flight and got comfy.

"You want a drink?" Vince asked me. I shook my head laid back in my seat admiring him from a far. I had to admit he always looked so good even without trying in the slightest.

I never noticed how attractive he actually looked until now and it's annoying the hell out of me. I always looked at him as just my boss or the man I work for, but when I really put thought into it he's nothing like that.

He never asked to be the leader of a mafia, as big as his but he was forced into a world where things like this get passed down from generation to generation until the bloodline ends and eventually there is no one else to pass it down to.

******

As our flight started land I saw an odd car with no recognition. I got up and walked over to Vincent's seat and warned him of it. We got any needed weapons ready and stayed in our seats for protection in case they shot at us while on the runway.

The car was still in place when we landed so as our things were being unloaded from the jet, we decided to explore the mysterious car. I had my gun in my hand behind my back and Vince ordered them to step out of the car.

The person that stepped out sent a shock through my veins.

It was my father.

"Joseph" Vincent spat. My father smiled evilly as if he was a bomb waiting to explode. "Good evening to you too Vincent" he looked over to me.

"Delilah" he greeted me through clenched teeth. "Father" I brought my eyes back to the jet to see that our things were ready for us.

I gave Vincent an unsure look and glanced at my father one last time before breaking the silence.

"What do you want" I took in his deep green eyes that looked much like my grandmother's, as he took a step closer. "You killed Elijah, correct?"

I smirked at the memory and gladly answered his question with a nod. He sighed deeply and ran a hand down his face.

"Looks like I'm the boss then" he smiled proudly at himself as if he had just made the biggest accomplishment of his life.

I could've sworn in that moment my jaw dropped to my feet in a matter of seconds. "So you and Venessa both betrayed the family after I left" I had finally connected the dots. I lived with a family of traitors.

"precisely" he said confirming my previous statement. I clenched my teeth and fists to prevent myself from murdering him on the spot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got places to be" he smirked and got back into the sleek black car, driving off.

Vincent called Landon to inform him of my father and what he could potentially do to our mafia. While he was on the phone I got into the limo and waited for Vince.

I was still in shock that my father even bothered to show up today and I'm surprised he even had the nerve to take things so calmly knowing that Vince could've blown his brains out right then and there.

Out of nowhere, Gunshots filled the noise of the thin air as I jerked myself out of the car, ducking behind it.

Fuck,fuck,fuck.

I had no clue where Vincent was but the only thing I was concerned about right now was weather my father was up to this or not. A bullet flew past me while I frantically rolled to the other side of the car, missing the bullets that came towards me.

Once you've been doing this for a while you get the hang of moving everywhere to save your life even if it means risking someone else's.

One of the men laid dead on the gravel in front of me and at the moment he was my only source of a shield. I spotted Vincent near a broken down building while I pulled out my phone to dial Landon.

It rang a total of 2 times before he picked up.

"Hey trouble maker, what's up?" He answered. "Landon listen very carefully, I need you to drive to the airport where Steven came to pick us up. get here as fast as you can and park behind the old shop"

I heard him grab his key and tessa's faint voice asking where he was going. "Don't die lilah" was the last thing he said before hanging up.

Men were shooting at me left and right as Vincent slowly made his way to me from the other side of the building. I shot about 8 of the men that came launching at me but the other 3 missed me by a mile.

"Damnit!" Vince cursed under his breath. "What?" "I'm out of ammo" I looked over at him thinking of what to do. "Here take mine, I got it from here" I whispered passing my gun to him.

I threw myself at one of the men, blocking him from shooting at Vince. Now I was on top of him as he pointed the gun directly at me. He shot and I dodged fast but he almost got his satisfaction of killing me.

I punched him square in the jaw knocking out 2 of his teeth. I lifted my arm, knocking the gun out of his grip and it landed a few feet away from me. I tried to get up but the man pulled me back down, causing me to knee him in the groin which was perfect because his arm instantly let go of my ankle. I crawled to the gun trying to get it until a hand grabbed it before me.

I looked up to see it was my father grabbing the loaded gun and pointing it at me.

Shit.