The nationals team

A-troupe and B-troupe are waiting together in Studio A for Nick to arrive.

"This is so unfair we have been practicing to go to Nationals, they can't ruin this for us now," Cleo complains to Jude. She couldn't believe after everything that happened she might not be going to Nationals.

"I'm sure Nick will still let us go, he just needs to think of something to say to A-troupe," Jude reassures her, despite her own nerves.

After Nick realized both A-troupe and B-troupe wanted to go to Nationals he sent both teams home, not knowing what to do. 

Now he sits in his office the next day thinking of what to say, not sure if he's ready to tell the teams his decision.

He knows no matter what he chooses one of the teams will be disappointed. It's at times like these when he really needs Emily. She would know what to do. But Emily left the Next Step, and it's time for Nick to start taking charge. And so, he gets up from his chair and walks out to face the teams.

Both teams look up as Nick walks out from his office.  They stand waiting in anticipation, wondering what his decision would be.

"Hey guys, I've come to a conclusion regarding Nationals so I won't keep you waiting any longer. B-troupe will be going to Nationals an-"

"What that's so unfair," Summer interrupts, infuriated. 

"Well it wasn't unfair when you were on B-troupe was it?" Cleo snaps at her.

After that both teams start to argue and Nick has to yell to get their attention.

"ENOUGH" he yells, fed up with their bickering. "You didn't let me finish". Both teams look at Nick, wondering what else he has to say. "B-troupe will be going to Nationals but I will be holding alternate auditions for the A-troupers, since there are still only ten of you," Nick finishes. Both teams seem surprised by what Nick had to say but neither seemed upset anymore.

"The auditions will be held on Thursday morning, (today is Tuesday) be here at 9:00am if you want to audition. I will be bringing in a professional to judge you, since I am not qualified. They will not be the person taking over Emily, I haven't been able to find someone to take over her position yet, but Emily did suggest they hold the auditions."

"Who is it?" Richelle asks excitedly, maybe she could impress the dancer and get some new opportunities!

"Can't tell you that sorry, it's a surprise.  I can tell you it's someone you all know and will be excited to see again." Nick responds.

"Alright everyone, now that we've sorted out everything with Nationals, B-troupe you can use Studio A to practice and if any of A-troupe want to use Studio 1 to prepare for your audition you can. It isn't booked out."

"What will we be doing for the audition?" Amy asks (I don't know anything about what you would do at a dance audition so sorry about this part).

"You need to choreograph solos to the same song, the song is (insert song name here)."

-Time skip to Ozzy and Kingston in the next steep-

"I really think I have a good shot of getting in," Kingston tells Ozzy.

"That's great now can we order," Ozzy snaps, turning away.

"Yeah okay."

-Kingston's talking head-

"What is up with Ozzy, that was really rude."

-End of talking head-

-Ozzy's talking head-

"I know I was a little mean to Kingston but I'm just worried about the auditions, I don't know if I'll be good enough to make the team this time."

-End of talking head-

When Ozzy and Kingston are picking up their orders, Lily walks in.

"Oh hey Lily how are y-"

"Where have you been" Lily interrupts him, folding her arms over her chest.

"What do you mean, me and Ozzy were just getting something to eat" Kingston responds, confused.

"You were supposed to meet me at the park so we could talk" Lily tells him

-Lily's talking head-

"Kingston and I were finally going to talk about our problems today and he forgot to come. I can't believe him, we were finally going to try and fix our issues and he didn't even show up."

-End of talking head-

"Oh, that was today"

"Yes it was today. You know what I'm going home, call me later or something" Lily says before storming out of the next steep.

"Well, at least she didn't break up with you," Ozzy says.

"Thanks Ozzy," Kingston says sarcastically, pushing past him to leave The Next Steep.