Getting Ready For Nationals

Inside an office building Henry sits across from Emily in her new office space.

"I can go get Michelle for you if you're curious about what dancing you'll be doing if you make it. I know she's planning on having hip hop routines, I'm not sure of all the details," Emily offers. The two have been talking for a while now, going over what he's actually auditioning for.

"Sure, if you don't mind," Henry responds, trying not to be a bother.

"It's no problem," Emily says, taking her phone to send Michelle (who's in their studio space) a text to come back.

In a few minutes she arrives and takes a seat next to Emily, across from Henry.

"Hi Henry," she greets, cheery as always.

"Hey Michelle," Henry replies, happy to see her.

"What is it you're wondering?"

The A-troupe rehearsal starts quick, everyone warms up and then Rebecca arrives.

"I have a few important announcements to make today. As lots of you already know, our female soloist for Nationals is Presley and our male soloist is Marcus. Now for today's announcements, I have decided it is time for us to choose a dance captain." Immediately after this is said talking breaks out amongst the dancers and Rebecca has to motion for silence. "As you all I know I have allowed Cleo to run warm up and help with certain choreography as that was what she was doing before I arrived, but I recently decided we need an official dance captain."

-Cleo's Talking Head-

"How can Rebecca do this to me! First she took away my chance at being a soloist, then she took me out of the small group, and now I'm not dance captain. I wish she never came to The Next Step."

-End Of Talking Head-

"So I have decided on a few candidates based on teaching you for the past few weeks. Those candidates are Presley, Izzy, and Ethan. I would like each of you to teach for 15 minutes of the class today so I can see how you lead. Presley if you would like to start us off." Rebecca looks at the girl expectantly.

"Of course," Presley says, excited.

-Presley's Talking Head-

"I am so happy I might be dance captain. I mean, of course she'd pick me."

-End Of Talking Head-

"All right everyone, get in your line positions for the group routine," Presley says, standing in front of A-troupe.

-Izzy's Talking Head-

I'm so surprised. I never expected Rebecca to consider me for dance captain. I really hope I can impress her."

-End Of Talking Head-

-Ethan's Talking Head-

"This is really great. I might not be the soloist, but I could still become a really important member of the team."

-End Of Talking Head-

"Okay, let's get started," Presley says, clapping her hands together. Rebecca sits on a bench to the side, ready to take notes.

"Do you call that a kick Jude, get that leg higher," Presley calls, they've been running the routine for about eight minutes. "Seriously Cleo I told you point that foot. Do we want to win Nationals people."

-Presley's Talking Head-

"This rehearsal is going great, I'm totally showing Rebecca I can handle the responsibility."

-End Of Talking Head-

"What are you doing Winnie? You're behind, this has to be perfect! You're starting to look like Jude," Presley calls out, infuriated.