Feelings

Marcus and Ethan are sitting in Ethan's living room.

"Maybe we should just watch a movie instead," Marcus says after Ethan dies again in legions of lasers.

"Oh what I'm not good enough at this?" Ethan asks, setting his controller down.

"You really aren't so don't quit dance." Marcus says, turning the game off.

"All right, what should we watch?" Ethan asks, grabbing the remote.

"Anything but a dance movie."

They eventually choose a horror movie and spend the whole time making fun of the characters stupid decisions.

"Oh sure, go in there you totally won't die," Ethan rolls his eyes as a girl screams in the movie.

Marcus laughs. 

"Oh it's getting really late, I totally lost track of time. Hey do you just wanna stay the night? I don't know about you but I'm super tired from today," Ethan asks, setting the remote down after they finished the movie.

"Uh yeah sure, I'll just text my mom and ask," Marcus responds, pulling out his phone.

"Cool, I'm gonna ask Gia."

"Hey," Ethan enters the kitchen, "Me and Marcus kinda lost track of time. Do you think it would be okay if he stays the night?" Ethan asks.

"Marcus huh?" His sister raises her eyebrows and Ethan rolls his eyes.

-Ethan's Talking Head-

"For some reason my sister has the impression that I like Marcus. As if. I could do so much better than him," Ethan scoffs folding his arms across his chest. "I could never like Marcus."

-End of Talking Head-

"Shut up," he whispers.

"Okay okay. I don't care if he stays over," she responds, returning to typing on her laptop.

"Good." He turns and leaves the kitchen, while she shakes her head fondly.

"Hey Gia says you're good to stay, how about your mom?" Ethan flops back down on the couch beside Marcus.

"She said it's okay."

"Nice, I'll set up the air mattress." Ethan starts heading up the stairs and Marcus follows him.

The two get settled.

"Night." Marcus turns over to face away from Ethan.

"Goodnight."

The two lay in silence for a while before Ethan speaks, "What do you think's happening with Heath and Izzy?" Ethan whispers.

"Huh?" Marcus turns over again.

"I mean they're being so weird. They used to be inseparable and now they barely even talk to each other."

"I don't know. Do you think they fought or something?" Marcus asks.

"No they're not angry enough for that. Izzy won't tell me though, they just said nothing was wrong when I asked." Ethan sits up.

"Obviously a lie."

"Duh."

"Oh what about Jude and Cleo? I cannot believe they are still broken up. I honestly didn't think they could handle being apart for so long." Marcus sits up as well. Ethan turns on his lamp.

"I know, I give them until regionals, tops, before they cave and get back together. It's seriously exhausting how people act about Cleo in the studio. I expected anger, I would understand anger, but it's like she's Voldemort, nobody dares to speak her name," Ethan says.