Opportunities

"I thought you background checked everyone who was coming?" Michelle asks, angrily. After their disaster auditions yesterday the two are back in their office trying to problem solve.

"I did. For some of them." Michelle glares at her. "I didn't think they would be this bad."

"Okay okay, what do we do?" Michelle asks.

"I think we should call Richelle." Michelle raises her eyebrows questioningly. "When I asked her if she was available she mentioned most of the regionals team aren't going to nationals anymore."

"Yes? So what?"

"I'm thinking we could ask more of the dancers from The Next Step to come to the auditions tomorrow," Emily suggests.

"Okay so why do we need to call her?"

"I don't have any other numbers and the new studio head who picked up the studio number last time sounded pretty mad that we were taking her dancers," Emily responds.

"That's ridiculous." Michelle picks up the phone on their desk. "I'm sure we can just ask to talk to the dancers."

Michelle enters the studio's number and waits while the phone rings.

"Hello," Nick says, and Emily visibly relaxes at hearing him through phone and not that scary new studio head.

"Hi Nick, this is Michelle. I was wondering if any of the old A-troupers are still looking for professional opportunities?" Michelle asks.

"I do believe they are. Is this for your tour?" He asks, remembering what Rebecca told him about Emily calling a couple weeks ago.

"Yes. We are holding auditions tomorrow and Richelle told us that some of the dancers are looking for opportunities so we thought we should let them know if you're okay with doing that for us of course?"

"Of course I can do that. I'm sure they'll be very excited. I'll tell them once they're finished rehearsing," Nick responds happily.

"Thank you Nick we appreciate it." Michelle hangs up the phone smiling.

B-troupe is working on Kingston's choreography. It would be going a lot smoother if everyone was paying attention but with no more tension between them Henry won't stop whispering to Amy who Kingston regrettably placed beside her.

Not to mention Kenzie looks extremely bored and antsy. She keeps glancing at her phone and missing important instructions.

Even Richelle looks distracted. By the end of rehearsal everyone is over the moon to leave.

Before they get the chance to walk out of Studio 1, Nick comes in.

"Hey everyone, I have some exciting news!" Nick claps his hands together. The dancers wait in anticipation.

"I got a call from Michelle earlier today. She would like to see the two of you in a half hour." He points to Henry and Richelle. "But she messaged you that so I'm sure you already know." They nod. "Anyway, they would like to invite the rest of you to come to their auditions for a dance team on their tour tomorrow, if you're interested in dancing professionally." After Nick leaves, the studio breaks into chatter.

"What are you going to do?" Summer asks Kenzie, curious.

"Well the auditions for the other dance team aren't for a few days so I might as well go. What about you?" Kenzie asks.

"I might go, I don't know yet. This still feels connected to the studio in a way and I want to move on," Summer responds.

"That's fair."