Chapter Twenty Eight

Been wayyyy too long, hope I haven't lost you guys. Just had finals and stuff and then I got ill in between, it has not been a great two weeks for me…though I hope you guys have had a great two weeks! ^^ Btw this chapter was written in instalments, so please let me know if something doesn't sound right. Oh! And btw, the finals thing is purely coincidental, didn't know I had finals (new school).
Anyway on to the story shall we~

Quick Recap: Alex's mother was being a bitch and the last chapter ended with the mother suggesting an arranged marriage~~~

                            •                  •                 •

That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.

Chapter Twenty Eight

           I stood up abruptly, tears springing to my eyes again, "No." My voice was firm with hints of my anger seeping through.

My mother pursed her lips, "I will, it's only a matter of time. I'm so close to getting Mr. Winston to agree."

I couldn't believe her, I couldn't believe how she, my mother, could sit there and not bat an eye at my distress. For a split angry moment, every cell in my body detested her but that was it, I may not like her but she was still my mother.

To think being an only child would make you spoiled rotten, to make your parents turn a blind eye to all your flaws and insist on you being the best creature on the planet. But that was only in the beginning, it slowly ebbed away and I was shunted aside, like a liability.

I never let anger ever seize my heart, never let it consume me completely, I only felt hurt and wrong like I was the one at fault, I didn't ever have an ill thought toward my mother, until now.

"I won't - I won't let you dictate my life anymore, you and father both, I won't be married off and I won't be ignored. I won't become a doctor, I don't want to, in fact do you even know what I wish to become? It doesn't matter because right now - right now I want to be anything but me, a spirit or a ghost or simply nonexistent because everything and everyone in my life either step on me, use me or lie to me but you know what? You don't care and I don't anymore, so, so please excuse me" I ended and turned to leave not forgetting my manners, anger may take over but I won't let disrespect consume me too. 

"Always so amazingly rebellious Alexa, I'm very disappointed."

Or so I thought.

I stopped in disbelief and rage, "I don't - you - DO YOU THINK I GIVE A - I'VE NEVER- YOU-!" unable to come up with a proper insult I stopped, gritted my teeth and barreled out the door of her stupid office.

I was crying but my tears were more out of anger than anything. I had the strong urge to break something, to hurt something, anything.

I shut myself in my room, my tears blinding me in my frantic search for something sharp, something that can cause pain, something, anything, a scissor would do, where the hell was it? I could've sworn I had one somewhere around here.

"Looking for these?" A voice spoke and I snapped my head up, Madeline stood there, a pair of scissors clutched in her right hand, she was giving me a stern look. I paused.

"Give them to me."

"No."

Clenching and unclenching my shaking hands I spat, "Give them to me, Madeline."