Chapter Five

Chapter Five

There was that feeling again. The feeling of wanting to die. Of not having any energy to live anymore. I wanted to die, not by my own hands. I could never take my own life. Even if I tried. Or, it would be nice to crawl up into a hole and stay there. Not having to do anything, not having to study, not having to keep up with my inhuman bullies, not having to put up with Chase... He's just awful, babaric, ruthless and gets what he wants. But the satisfaction of me committing suicide; I will never give him that.

The wind floated my dark hair around my shoulders as I gazed down below me; I could see my whole yard from up here, the big blue pool that shimmered in the dim sunlight, the old barn and the long fields of lush grass. I breathed out a deep sigh.

"What are you doing up there?"

I wiped away escaped tears with the back of my sleeve then turned to see a very calm, serious Jayden standing by the window.

"Why are you up there?" he asked again.

I gave him a watery smile and stood up. He looked so serious that it made a small humorless laugh escape my lips, "I wasn't going to jump if that's what you thought."

I swiftly swung down into the house through the window.

"Oh." was all he said as I brushed past him. "Are you okay?" he asked carefully.

"I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine." he murmured.

"Why do you care anyway?" I muttered a little bit too harshly.

"Because I'm your friend."

I stopped in my tracks pivoting around.

Those words. They just warmed my heart greatly. "Are you really?"

"Yes I am"

"But you don't know me"

"I know you enough to be your friend"

"You can't be my friend." I said "Didn't I tell you that?"

"Why not?"

"Because once you find out what its really like being my friend you'd hightail out of there."

"We'll see"

"We will"

"What are you doing today?" he asked still using that careful voice, like I was going to explode any second. I can't blame him though, everyday of this week I've been on edge. It was hard to keep the fact that I was being bullied a secret from Jayden. He was literally everywhere. I would snap at him when he asks unreasonable questions that could somehow lead to me accidently spilling. And he still wants to be my friend, he must be a saint.

"Um... Nothing in particular, why?"

"Lets go somewhere then."

"Uh..where?"

"Dunno. The barn maybe I like it there"

"What? So you could kill me in secret?" I said solemnly

He looked at me taken aback "huh?"

"Sorry, that, uh, came out wrong. I wasn't- it was- I was just- I was.. I was kidding." I muttered

He let out a short laugh shaking his head in amusement.

"What are we going to do at the barn anyway?"

His cheeks turned pink. What? Why is he blushing?