Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

             What. In. Hell.

I stood there unmoving, my back pressed into the tree, my eyes as wide as saucepans as he kissed me. I was completely frozen, I didn't know what to do or what to think or how to react. Was this really happening? It was one of my twisted dreams wasn't it? But if so, why was my heart beating so fast? Why did I, in my own messed up ways, somehow like this? Why did it feel good yet so bad?

I wanted to so badly push him away from me but at the same time I wanted to keep him close to me, I wanted to forget these past few years, to forget that he ever did anything to me and to just imagine that we were still that love struck couple holding hands in the park. But I couldn't do that. Because everything did happen. And despite all that happening, here I am, not doing a thing about him kissing me. Man, I'm so messed up. So so so messed up.

I can't let this go on, this is Chase. I placed both hands on his chest and forced him away from me. His eyes shot open, piercing right into mine.

"You're cruel, Alex." he murmured touching my cheek, I winced, that was the one I got punched on.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked breathing heavily. That kiss seemed to have drained all my energy.

"I told you, I miss it. Nothing more, nothing less."

I stared at him unable to think of what to say. What could I say? He was so confusing, always messing with my brain.

He ran a hand through his hair sighing, "Look, forget this happened"

With that said, Chase pushed away from me and shoved his hands into his pockets walking away. I stared at his retreating figure unable to believe that that just happened. I touched my lips absently, I can't it deny though, I did miss him.

I shook my head as if to clear it leaning heavily against the tree. After a while I walked back to the cabin still thinking about what just happened. When I entered the girls in there looked at me a bit annoyed. I changed clothes and collapsed on the bed. What the hell happened just now? Chase. Stupid Chase. You hate him Alex remember that, I told myself trying hard not to think about the kiss or the fact that my heart was still drumming in my ears. I had no idea of what to make of the situation. Why? Just why?

Today's been a long and extremely tiring day, I couldn't wait to return to my dreams.

-

I shut my eyes biting my lip to keep from crying out.  Urgh, it hurts. I reached up slowly and felt my hair. Yupp, my hair was tied to the bed. I closed my eyes grimacing. How did they get in? Or better yet how did they manage to do this to me without waking me up? The thought scared me. With a shaky hand I reached up and tried to free my hair but only caused more pain. I couldn't do this by myself. I bit back tears and blindly felt around for my phone knowing full well that the girls in my cabin wouldn't help me to save their own skins from the devils spawn. I reached downwards in turn pulling my hair as I moved. God Damn. I sucked in a breath and felt lower causing pain to erupt in my head. I felt the smooth exterior of my phone and grabbed it. I pressed the call button and held the phone shakily to my ear.

"Hello?" he answered sleepily

"Jayden...help me" I said in a pained whisper.

"Alex? What's wrong?" he asked sounding more alert now.

"They-they er - ah- tied my hair to the bed" I winced with every word. It hurt that much.

"I'm coming" he said before he hung up. I let the phone drop and stared up at the ceiling trying hard not to think about the pain. After a few minutes I heard the cabin door open softly. Relief washed over me as Jaydens figure neared me. He switched on the small lamp on the bed side table.