Fate Fell Short

PROLOGUE

School... was my personal hell, literally. It wasn't the pressure of studies or anything, I did quite well in school- actually I was at the top of my grade- but what made it hell were my fellow schoolmates.

It all started in year ten when the people I considered friends suddenly became distant, even my closest ones, all of them decided it was a good time to leave me, and loneliness is the worst feeling.

Oh so I thought. Now they never left me alone. There was always someone there to insult the way I dress or simply use me as a stress ball.

If you're wondering what I could've done to deserve such incivility, I didn't do anything except break up with the most popular guy in the whole student body - Chase. He only dated me because I was just - and I quote - 'eye candy'. Definite jerk.

But slowly as time went by I realised that that really couldn't be the reason for people to hate so strongly, no matter what, not everyone can be that much of a jerk and so I started believing that maybe, just maybe it was because I had a horrid personality or something.

And it's because of that little fact right there that prevents me from doing anything about being bullied, the fact that made me think I deserved it. Even if I did want to make it stop, well, I had those type of parents, the ones who are always working or on business trips with no time for their kid but why am I complaining? There are lots of people around the world who have it worse than I do.

So I learned to suck it up and move on, it was the only thing I could do and besides I was the type of person who was just a waste of space.

I sighed, when I really put thought into my character I can't help but be disgusted. I had no redeeming qualities and I think very lowly of myself. I wasn't quirky and I couldn't stand up for myself, basically, I'm a coward and no one wants to read about a coward. A coward who has a list of what she deems to be the perfect guy. 

All rights reserved.