The Price for Power

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been two weeks since our exploration of that dungeon and it's all been quiet up until now.

I rode along with Link on Epona's back to Zora's Domain. It looks like dad decided to appear there. Mom should also be joining us but she said she'll meet us there, i can only hope she'll be okay.

Amidst my thinking and the ride, Link piped up to me with a concerned tone.

Link "hey (Y/N), will you... be okay?"

(Y/N) "what do you mean?"

Link "you know, since we're fighting your dad and all."

(Y/N) "okay as in feelings wise? Yeah i'll be fine. In fact, im more than fine. I've been waiting for a chance to get revenge for all he did to me. I'll tear him limb from limb and watch him die slowly... agonizingly... for all the torment he put me through, i owe him that much..."

Looking back at Link, his face was a mix of concern and being scared shitless.

Link "oookaayyy... remind me never to get on your bad side."

I laughed slightly at the sudden change of tone but this is something i really like about him. He's always putting others before himself. Making me feel happier right before what could possibly be an intense fight. I know i don't show it to him but i really do li-

Sidon "LINK!"

Link "Sidon!"

I instantly snapped out of my thoughts and look forward to a tall and arguably very well built red scaled Zora. Next to him were a line of other smaller blue scaled Zoras holding bows.

Link stopped Epona and got down and i followed soon after.

Link "what's going on here?"

Sidon "one of his servants managed to slip through and opened a portal for Ganon in the middle of our home. He said something about searching for a crystal and that we should hand it to him, and when we rejected, he attacked."

Link "have you evacuated your people?"

Sidon "most have along with father, but Ganon took some hostage!"

Link "damn! Where is he now?"

Sidon "last i saw him, he was entering my father's chambers."

Link "got it! (Y/N), let's go!"

Sidon "go on Link! I know you can do this!"

I nodded and began running alongside Link. As we ran, i asked him.

(Y/N) "so. What's the plan?"

Link "we may need to split up. Someone has to deal with Ganon and someome needs to rescue the hostages. If Tyra were here, i'd give the latter to her."

(Y/N) "I'll keep dad busy. You rescue the others."

Link "sure you can handle him on your own?"

(Y/N) "just watch me." I say with a determined smirk.

Link "alright then. Let's do this!"

Link pulled out his sword and i surrounded my hands with magic. Shooting a (F/C) fireball to the baracade of bokoblins blocking the bridge infront of us. The blast sending all of them flying off the bridge.

We ran up to the large platform that housed the throne room. Link looked at all the hostages that were being guarded by more of my dad's minions and my eyes looked directly forward to my dad standing in front of the throne.

Link and i looked at eachother.

Link "good luck."

(Y/N) "and you too."

With that, we went our seperate ways. Link ran to free the hostages all around us and i simply walked towards my dad. As i walked, he started talking.

Ganon "you dissapoint me, (Y/N). To think that after all i've given you, you'd abandon me."

(Y/N) "given me? You tortured me for years, you made mom left in tears, you destroyed our kingsom and went mad with power and you think you've been doing me a favour?!"

Ganon "i've given you power!"

(Y/N) "but at what cost?!"

Dad sighed.

Ganon "...power is worth everything..."

I stopped mere meters away from him.

(Y/N) "is it? Is it worth the kingdom you worked so hard to build? The lives of all your friends? The respect of your people? The love of your companions?..."

Dad suddenly became quiet.

(Y/N) "...is it worth destroying your family...?"

Dad didn't respond. He only looked down at the ground. For a few minutes we stayed like that. Silent. My eyes foxed on him as his stares at the ground as if contemplating.

...

Ganon "it is..."

Dad suddenly looked up at me, eyes red and a fireball whirling in his hand. I didn't have time to react when the blast hit me and sent me flying backwards.

Link "(Y/N)!!!"

I stayed on the ground for a few seconds before perching myself on one arm only to ge grabbed by dad and pulled up by my neck. I held on to dad's hand and tried to pry ot off but he was squeezing. Hard. It became impossible to breathe and i slowly saw my vision fading and my body growing weaker.

As the edges of my sight became dark and my eyes about to close, dad yelled as something appeared to burst out his chest.

Ganon "ARGH!"

i dropped to the floor and coughed out the blocked air that was held in my throat while pulling in new one. After i regained my vision, i looked back to see that the thing that pierced dad's chest was a sword.

Looking behind dad, the one holding the sword mom! And next to her were six other women each holding a different weapon.

Tyra "I made a promise to never kill a living, feeling being again. But i should have realized... that your heart had died long ago!!"

She pulled the sword out and struck dad again at the back, bringing him down to his knees.

Link then came running to me. He got behind me on one knee and placed an arm around my shoulder, supporting me to sit.

Link "(Y/N)! Are you okay?"

(Y/N) "yeah... im fine now."

The six women who were with mom then split up. Two of them ran to dad who was still on the ground and pointed their weapons at him. The rest attacked dad's remaining forces and freed anyone left that Link wasn't able to get.

Mom ran to me and hugged both me and Link.

Tyra "oh thank the Maker you boys are alright. Im sorry i couldn't get here sooner."

(Y/N) "we're alright mom but... who are they?"

She then let us out of the hug but still held on to our shoulders.

Tyra "i'll explain that later honey. Link, get (Y/N) out of here."

Link "but Ganon-"

Tyra "you two have done your job. Now we'll handle things from here."

Dad then suddenly got up and flung both of the women away. Mom drew her sword and aimed it at him. Before i could say anything, Link lift me up from behind and began dragging me away.

(Y/N) "Hey wait! We can't leave her! Mom!"