Don't Hurt Me

CONTENT WARNING:

This story will contain graphic depictions of one or all of the following: Self-harm and drug addiction. Those who suffer from depression or who do not desire to read depictions of one or all of the above-mentioned topics should not read any further or skip over the parts. I will be mentioning each graphic part if you would not like to read it. Thank you.

I do not own RWBY, RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and their affiliates. Thanks, now onto the story!

"Love has made me a monster. More than once." - Y/N L/N

(Y/N POV)

I was currently in my last class of the day, combat class. My head was pounding, as it had been all day. My whole body ached, and I knew exactly why. How? Well, during lunch, Team RWBY had brought me up to speed with their investigation on the White Fang, and during that, Yang told me what happened. I hope I didn't do anything weird to Cinder after the club, because I don't remember a thing. The only sign that she was in my dorm was a piece of paper that had her Scroll number and dorm number. Then there was the fact that they ran into Neo... I hadn't thought a lot about it, but I know it would come back to my mind later. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Professor Goodwitch, who spoke out to the class,

"And that's the match."

Looking up, I saw Pyrrha standing up, the 4 members of Team CRDL laying around her, defeated.

"Lucky shot," Cardin grumbled.

Professor Goodwitch tapped a few things on her tablet, then looked back up at Pyrrha.

"Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

Right... The tournament. Too bad I can't compete. Wonder what I'll do instead...

"Thank you, Professor," Pyrrha replied.

"Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers?" Goodwitch asked, looking around the room. 

Her eyes zeroed onto Blake.

"Ms. Belladonna? You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-"

She was cut off by a silver boy raising his hand.

"I'll do it."

I looked over at the boy, observing him. He was sitting next to a girl with green hair and red eyes, as well as Cinder. A few seconds after staring at the three, Cinder turned towards me. She looked me right in the eye and gave me a small smile, as well as a wave. I smiled back, returning the gesture. 

"Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent," Goodwitch responded.

"Actually, I wanna fight... him," He said, pointing right at me.

I coughed, choking on my spit in surprise. He had caught me off guard easily, due to me being one of the only people who haven't fought in Goodwitch's class. 

"Mr. L/N? Do you accept?" Goodwitch questioned.

After I had my coughing fit, I replied,

"Sure I guess..."

I stood up and walked into the locker room to get ready.

Timeskip

I walked out to the arena wearing my combat clothes (SEE BIO) and wielding my katana. I had left my sniper in my locker due to the fact that this was gonna be a duel, and most likely stay close-ranged. I sighed, then looked towards the entrance of the arena to see Mercury walking in. He got in his fighting stance, and I got in mine. I held my katana in a reverse-grip, staying close to the ground. I observed him in the few seconds I had before the fight begun. He appeared to wield no weapons, but his boots seemed to have something built inside of them. I let out a deep breath, then listened to the countdown.