Over the Horizon

CONTENT WARNING:

This story will contain graphic depictions of one or all of the following: Self-harm and drug addiction. Those who suffer from depression or who do not desire to read depictions of one or all of the above-mentioned topics should not read any further or skip over the parts. I will be mentioning before each graphic part if you would not like to read it. Thank you.

I do not own RWBY, RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and their affiliates. Thanks, now onto the story!

Third Person POV

"For the first part you can listen, Tai, but you have to leave after," Qrow said.

"What, I can't stay here?!"

"Tai. Please," Qrow said.

Tai sighed, then cross his legs to listen to the first part of the Branwen's monologue.

"I'm sure you've heard of Aiko L/N, right Ruby?" Qrow started off.

"Yeah... She's Y/N's mother right?"

Qrow nodded in response.

"She and I got close back at Beacon, we ran missions together here and there, she was a trusted friend to team STRQ. Long story short, she and I had a kid. Now is the time for you to leave, Tai," Qrow said, crossing his arms.

Tai sighed, standing up. He gave Ruby a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room and closing the door.

"There's some horrible things going on in this world, Ruby. Things you couldn't imagine. I can't explain it to you, just yet, but what I need you to understand, is I work for Ozpin. We think something's going on, so I need to pick up where Oz left."

Ruby looked down in thought, not responding.

"Anyways, how are you feeling?" Qrow added.

"Uh... I kind of hurt... all over," She responded.

"That makes sense, after what you did," Qrow said with a chuckle.

"You guys keep saying that! That I did something! What are you talking about?!"

"What's the last thing you remember?" Qrow asked, sitting on a chair and leaning toward Ruby.

"I ran up the side of the tower, and when I got to the top... Y/N was there with his mom and Cinder... Pyrrha was about to be killed, but Y/N stopped it. I heard about everything Y/N and Cinder did... Then everything went white..."

"Anything else?"

"I remember... My head hurting..." She said, tears brimming her eyes. The experience was quite traumatic on the young Huntsman in training.

"The night you and Y/N met Oz, what was the first thing he said to you?"

"I... I don't know. I think it was-" She was cut off.

"Silver eyes. That's an extremely rare trait."

"So?"

"You're special, Ruby. And not in the 'Daddy loves his special angel' kind of way. You're special the same way your mom was. Remnant's full of legends and stories, some of them true, some made up. But there's one Oz told me from a very long time ago. Back before Huntsmen, before Kingdoms, it was said that those born with silver eyes were destined to lead the life of a warrior. You see, the creatures of Grimm, the most fearsome monsters mankind had ever encountered, were afraid of those silver-eyed warriors. They were the best of the best. It was said that even a single look from one of these fighters could strike a Grimm down. Heh. It's a ridiculous story."