Attached

CONTENT WARNING:

This story will contain graphic depictions of one or all of the following: Self-harm and drug addiction. Those who suffer from depression or who do not desire to read depictions of one or all of the above-mentioned topics should not read any further or skip over the parts. I will be mentioning each graphic part if you would not like to read it. Thank you.

I do not own RWBY, RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and their affiliates. Thanks, now onto the story!

A/N: The story is going to veer off course of the show, and I'm gonna go slightly original, though I'll still follow the footprint as closely as possible. This chapter is gonna be really important for the character development.

(Y/N POV)

"Emerald and Mercury of Haven, versus Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon!"

The speaking I had just heard was what woke me up. The voice of my least favorite Professor, Professor Port. 

"Fuck that," I mumbled to myself as I slowly opened my eyes. The room was still dark, the curtains fully closed, though light slightly peeked out from the sides. I felt myself still in Cinder's arms, though she was sitting up, and from what I had heard seconds ago, I assumed she was watching her team's match. I let out a held breath and relaxed again, trying to forget about the pounding headache that I had just woken up with.

(Cinder POV)

Worried. A feeling that I had rarely felt since I had acquired half of the Fall Maiden's powers, but lately, it was something I felt constantly. I was constantly anxious, so I had turned on Emerald and Mercury's match to try and get everything off my mind for a little bit, even though I know how it would turn out. I felt Y/N shift a little in my arms and mumble to himself. I gazed down at him and if he were to see me, he would see the soft look that my eyes carried. My lips curved up into a smile at the sight. 

I was sitting up, a pillow behind me supporting my back. Y/N was wearing a hoodie with his hood up, close to my stomach. I held him close as the anxiety started to set in again.

This wasn't anything like me. I shouldn't care about someone the way I care about Y/N. I have a power that very few others have, and soon, it will be fully mine. I can't afford any distractions, yet here I was. Is there any way I can make this work?

(Y/N POV)

The hangover that I woke up with was put to the back of my mind as I thought of the past few months I've spent with Cinder. It felt like the luckiest thing that had happened to me. She showed up when I needed her, and she stuck around through my worst. It was a lot like Neo... except Cinder stayed. 

I had a history of panic attacks. Ever since I was a kid and I got put on meds. It was the reason I got hooked on drugs and alcohol; it stopped the panic attacks. Well, lately, I've barely had any. I've had Cinder here, who I can actually talk to. Last night I broke my sobriety streak of a couple of months, all because of one person. Qrow. Everything had been going decently until he decided to show up. I still don't know why he decided to reveal himself all of a sudden. Maybe it was out of guilt, or Ozpin roped him into it. Either way, I didn't care. 

Throughout my thinking, I hadn't noticed that Cinder was holding onto me tighter. Concerned, I quietly asked if she was alright.

"Are you okay Cinder?" I asked barely above a whisper, as the TV was quiet enough that she could hear me.

"Yeah, just... nervous for my team," She replied just as quietly.

"I'm sure they'll do fine, they are your team after all," I responded, attempting to calm her a bit.