Lingering Ghosts can still hurt

Human versions of the Sans AUs. This is based on a chapter yet to come in my other book/work The Stage is Set. Simon-Swap, Dylan- Dream, Beau- Blue, Evan- Error, Nathan- Nightmare, Chris- Cross, Keith- Killer, Isaac- Ink
Remember, that this was for class, so the ships are different and the way this will actually play out will be very different. (Background information, Ink/Isaac had loved and lost Gin and Simon. He loves Evan/Error, but isn't fully aware of it.  Same with Error/Evan)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The six of them stand in the anti-void staring at the pulsing ink mass on the ground. Dylan huffs in pain as Beau adjusts his hold on him. He tries to keep Dylan's upper body elevated because of the arrow wound in his upper chest as he holds Dylan's arm over his shoulders. Evan looks at the others before taking a deep breath and stepping forward.

Too shocked to move at the time, Evan had seen the whole thing, and now he wants to save his friend. His foot makes contact with the spreading ink, and he yelps before stumbling back. His glasses are thrown off-center as he falls back to see his black sandal being liquidized. He stands up and hurries back to the group with a nervous glance back to the spreading ink.

"No good. Creation magic is dangerous to Destruction magic. We may be the balance, but I can't help him." He grips his burgundy scarf and wrings it in his hands. "Someone else has to." Nathan shakes his head.

"I can't. Creation is a positive ideal, and my magic is based on Negativity. I'll melt like your shoe did." Nathan sighs as he stares at the way small serpents of ink slither closer to the group. "And we should find a way to stop it before the ink has a chance to hurt us." Evan nods as he pushes some strands of his black hair behind his ear.

"I can-" Dylan is cut off by Chris.

"No, you're staying out here." Chris points to the arrow wound he has. "And you're going to explain that later. But right now, we need to help Isaac." He looks at Evan and Nathan. "You two wait here, and watch Dylan." He turns to Keith. "You, stay here. I don't trust you enough with my brother." Keith nods his head in an understanding way. Chris pinches his nose before turning to the ink. "I'll-"

"I'll go." Chris and Dylan turn to Beau. "You may be his brother, but you never fully bonded with him. I know him best." He hands Dylan to Nathan as he steps up to Chris whose arms are crossed with his chest puffed out. Beau stares down at him. "I owe Isaac a lot for everything he's done for me. Now I want to start repaying him." He sharpens his stare, and Evan blinks. He sees Simon, just like Isaac had told him. "Chris. I know you care, but you know the bare minimum about Isaac. I know him best. I can bring him back. Just wait out here with the others." They hold eye contact for a moment longer before Chris sighs.

"Just bring my baby brother back. Okay?" Beau nods.

"I promise."

He smiles sadly at him before sprinting to the ink. He stops as he stares into it, searching for the deepest part of the pool of ink. He smirks as he notices Isaac's touch and starts to wade through the ink towards it. He grabs his staff, which had been sucking into the ink, and wedged it between the smooth solidified inkstones. Only Isaac could manipulate ink this way, he takes a step back before diving into the opening. Through a layer of liquid ink, he comes to an air pocket, similar to a cave, of solid ink. He steps inside, noticing how the ink on him shrinks off his clothes and into the floor. He quietly walks around looking in the darkness for his friend.

"Isaac?"

"Beau... What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

His voice is soft yet echoes through the cavern. The whisps of his breath curl in a fog in front of his face. Beau moves closer to Isaac. He sits down in front of Isaac and looks at the chains holding his friend in this dark cavern before making eye contact. His baby blue eyes staring into Isaac's gold and blue. Isaac blinks, and for an instant, he sees Simon. The way his dark brown hair is tied up into a fluffy ponytail. The way his freckles are sprinkled on his cheeks and across his nose. Simon's expression filled with worry for him. Then, it falls back to Beau.