I could never live up to him

A monologue after the scene. Isaac and Beau. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isaac's house, Doodle Sphere, morning.

Beau holds Isaac close to his chest. Running his fingers through Isaac's tangled brown hair. He holds Isaac close enough for him to hear his heartbeat.

BEAU:

Isaac, before you saying anything... I'm sorry. I know Simon meant a lot to you, and I get it. You want to hold onto the memories of him, you don't want to admit he's gone. Gone from life and you. I understand. I get it, I look like him and sometimes I act like him. I get that when you see those moments you tell yourself that he's not gone. He's right there, alive and real enough to touch. So you indulge yourself in the simple fantasy that he's alive until you can't hide from the facts any longer. Holding their hand and talking to them like you used to. I get it because I've done it. I felt awful about it, but I get it. The only thing that I wish you wouldn't remind me of is how much I'm different from Simon. It makes me feel as if you've put him on this pedestal that I have to live up to. I can't fight like he could, nor can I cook without burning something. It just reminds me of how you only see me as a replacement for him, a failed one. Please, I ask that you understand what I'm saying.

ISAAC:

Covering his mouth.

Oh, stars. What have I done? I'm so sorry, Beau. I'm sorry. I'll work on it for you.