Chapter 6

It was a little before opening time on Clover's first day at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and she was standing in the bathroom looking at her own reflection. To anyone else, this may have been a normal occurrence. But to her, the thought of doing so loomed so heavily in her mind that she rarely ever took the time to.

She brought her hand slowly up to her face and gently placed it on her right cheek as she examined the sight before her. The familiar, yet foreign sight sent a shock of anxiety through her body. Not because of the darkened undertone of her eye bags or the permanent expression of exhaustion on her once lively face, but rather the colors and textures and tones that she had inherited from her parents. It was the stringy, blonde hair that she used to weave pleats into , the sea blue eyes that she used to stare into all day long, and the straight-lipped smile that she used to look forwards to each and every day. It was seeing Linny in her own reflection that made Clover never want to look at herself ever again; it was too hard reliving her heart's greatest pain every time she saw herself.

"Oi, Clover," a shout called out from behind the door while banging on it, "Get your arse out here. We open in 15 minutes."

Clover quickly snapped her face away from the mirror and blinked back her emotions. Grumbling under her breath at the startling voice, she quickly did what she went into the bathroom to do. She slid the maroon blazer, which was embellished with a purple and Orange W on the pocket, over her white button up and hopped into the matching pair of trousers. After getting dressed, her head lifted up to look in the mirror once again but strictly to check over her uniform. She defiantly unbuttoned the top two buttons of the stuffy, white shirt and furrowed her eyebrows at how long her sleeves and pant legs were. When another round of banging rang out from the door, she grabbed her things and shuffled the best she could with her long pants out of the door.

But as soon as she took one step out into the main room, her foot slipped on the hem of her pants, sending her tumbling onto the ground. She cursed under her breath and looked up to see a pair of two smirking boys hovering over her.

"You two gits did this on purpose," Clover cursed under her breath while attempting to stand up, using the large freckled hand that was offered to her as a support.

Once she was propped up on both of her feet again, she crossed both of her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes at the two. George and Lee looked at each other before chuckling under their breaths.

"Honestly," she huffed out while glaring at the two, "How tall do you two prats think I am?!"

"Oi," George rose his hands innocently, not able to keep the mischievous expression off his face, "It's not our fault that ickle Clover can't fit into her big girl clothes."

"Watch it, Weasley," she emptily threatened, the upwards curve of the edge of her lips revealing the humor of the situation, "I won't hesitate to hex you."

Clover reached into her bag, the one with the extension charm on it, and dug around until she found exactly what she was looking for. She threw her leg onto the countertop of the cash register, took the scissor that was in her bag, and cut her pant leg until it was level with the bottom of her ankle. She did the same with her other leg when George spoke again.

"You wouldn't dare hex your boss," he said, challengingly taking a step towards her as she began cutting the left sleeve of her blazer, "Especially not the better-looking one."

Lee nudged George from behind and spoke with a proud smile on his face, winking teasingly at the redhead while doing so, "She didn't threaten to hex me, Georgie."